PDA

View Full Version : 1.1 vs 1.25 Orifice for Foam Cannon

Pages : [1] 2

rover137
10-29-2021, 11:09 PM
Hi all

Just ordered the MJJC Pro foam cannon and wondering which orifice to use for my electric pressure washer. I have the big boi pressure washer with the below stats:

Motor: 1600W (Peak) Induction
Maximum Pressure: True 2600PSI
Max Flow Rate: 7LPM min

Does anyone own a similar specced PW and the MJJC and have any feedback. I contacted big boi and they said the stock orifice size in the cannon that comes with the PW is 1.15. Seems like an odd size.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
10-30-2021, 05:26 AM
Nozzle Size Calculator | MTM Hydro Parts (https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/pages/nozzle-size-calculator)

briarpatch
10-30-2021, 07:32 AM
Translated into GPM, the flow rate on your pressure washer is listed at 1.85 GPM......that being said, ratings on electric pressure washers are very often overstated. Swapping out the orifice in the cannon is simple. I swapped the 1.25 out of my PF22 for the 1.1, and noticed a very distinct difference in the consistency of the foam it produced. I'm betting that if you switch yours in the MJJC, you will too. For the record, I'm using a SunJoe SPX3000...rated at 1.76 gpm......which translates into about 1.5 gpm in the real world.

rover137
10-30-2021, 07:35 AM
Yeah I think the rating for these electric pressure washers is somewhat overstated. I haven’t got the cannon yet, but when I get it I might try the 1.25 and see how that goes first. I was reading that a 1.1 on a more powerful PW can be bad for the pump. I think I’m probably on the line and could use either.

Icarus
10-30-2021, 11:39 AM
With my little 1.2GPM 2000PSI B&S pressure washer I tried both the 1.25 and 1.1 orifice on my foamer and noticed no difference at all :( Not sure why...

Rsurfer
10-30-2021, 12:57 PM
Why don't you buy a 1.1 and 1.25 and see the difference for yourself. A little difference in GPM or PSI could effect the out put of foam.

chilly
10-30-2021, 02:28 PM
Why don't you buy a 1.1 and 1.25 and see the difference for yourself. A little difference in GPM or PSI could effect the out put of foam.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

No difference from a test spot

You won’t know until you try and even if someone here had the exact same setup the difference in water pressure or water chemistry could be a night and day difference

I ordered 1.1 with my cannon and even with the SUPPOSED high pressure and high flow that was advertised, I definitely benefited from using the smaller orifice

$7 is $7 but could make all the difference

YMMV

rover137
10-30-2021, 05:53 PM
With my little 1.2GPM 2000PSI B&S pressure washer I tried both the 1.25 and 1.1 orifice on my foamer and noticed no difference at all :( Not sure why...

That’s a shame! Did you use the same dilution ratio and soap each time? Maybe the difference is over rated …

rover137
10-30-2021, 06:01 PM
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

No difference from a test spot

You won’t know until you try and even if someone here had the exact same setup the difference in water pressure or water chemistry could be a night and day difference

I ordered 1.1 with my cannon and even with the SUPPOSED high pressure and high flow that was advertised, I definitely benefited from using the smaller orifice

$7 is $7 but could make all the difference

YMMV

The cannon comes with both sized orifices so I will definitely be trying both. Thought I would just check and see if others had a view or preference.

I am almost certain my specs are wrong… by a lot. I think it is 2600 psi at the motor.. and not the nozzle, which would make a big difference.

What did you like more about the 1.1? I find sometimes when I use a rich dilution ratio and the foam is too thick, it is dry and clumps and falls off quickly giving a small dwell time.

Icarus
10-31-2021, 05:21 PM
That’s a shame! Did you use the same dilution ratio and soap each time? Maybe the difference is over rated …

I don't know. I used same ratio each time. I couldn't tell a difference, but it wasn't exactly a name brand foamer so many that is why (just a cheapie Amazon MMingle one (had decent reviews fwiw)?! Actually now that I look it came with a 1.5 supposedly (I ordered a couple 1.1 at the same time because I thought I might have an issue)...

rover137
10-31-2021, 05:27 PM
1.5? That’s a big one! As long as it was producing foam you were happy with doesn’t matter I guess. I’m excited for my MJJC cannon to arrive. Trying to figure out what to do with my old cannon.. thinking of using it for windows around the house..

chilly
10-31-2021, 05:28 PM
The cannon comes with both sized orifices so I will definitely be trying both. Thought I would just check and see if others had a view or preference.

I am almost certain my specs are wrong… by a lot. I think it is 2600 psi at the motor.. and not the nozzle, which would make a big difference.

What did you like more about the 1.1? I find sometimes when I use a rich dilution ratio and the foam is too thick, it is dry and clumps and falls off quickly giving a small dwell time.

It’s hard to describe

It’s partly what you found out

With the larger orifice I had to add more soap to make thick foam and just like you it didn’t cling and slowly run off

I find with the 1.1 it’s easier to cut back on product and get the foam just thick enough to coat evenly but run off at just the right speed and leave the paint wet

If that makes any sense

I can also use several different soaps and get essentially the same results at the same ratio

It’s more forgiving

And my PW specs were misleading as well

Supposed to be 2,300 psi

Not in this universe

And the over 2 GPM claim?

At like 200 psi so that has to mean with the black soap application nozzle

Specs were total garbage

rover137
10-31-2021, 05:56 PM
It’s hard to describe

It’s partly what you found out

With the larger orifice I had to add more soap to make thick foam and just like you it didn’t cling and slowly run off

I find with the 1.1 it’s easier to cut back on product and get the foam just thick enough to coat evenly but run off at just the right speed and leave the paint wet

If that makes any sense

I can also use several different soaps and get essentially the same results at the same ratio

It’s more forgiving

And my PW specs were misleading as well

Supposed to be 2,300 psi

Not in this universe

And the over 2 GPM claim?

At like 200 psi so that has to mean with the black soap application nozzle

Specs were total garbage

Yeah that makes sense. Did you find you still had the same cleaning power by cutting back the dilution with the 1.1?

A lot of the soaps i have been trying lately claim to be highly concentrated and call for a dilution of 1:5-1:15.. which just means i have to figure out my ratio again...

Yeah, i emailed my PW manufacturer and they barely know their own machine giving me different specs and info depending on who i am speaking with.

..and they might supply you with tiny coloured nozzles as well (1.1) which could mean they can overstate their claims. I think i got the 1.1 coloured nozzles with my machine.. if it is a 2600 psi machine they shouldn't be supplying me with 1.1 nozzles...

chilly
10-31-2021, 07:31 PM
Yeah that makes sense. Did you find you still had the same cleaning power by cutting back the dilution with the 1.1?

A lot of the soaps i have been trying lately claim to be highly concentrated and call for a dilution of 1:5-1:15.. which just means i have to figure out my ratio again...

Yeah, i emailed my PW manufacturer and they barely know their own machine giving me different specs and info depending on who i am speaking with.

..and they might supply you with tiny coloured nozzles as well (1.1) which could mean they can overstate their claims. I think i got the 1.1 coloured nozzles with my machine.. if it is a 2600 psi machine they shouldn't be supplying me with 1.1 nozzles...

I am able to use 8:1 and get decent results

I honestly think I need a new soap though for foaming

I use Gold Class now for bucket wash, just as I have for years

I have also been running it in my cannon as well and thought it did a good job, but I’m beginning to think it’s not

I think a lot of the conditioners or whatever they are called are doing the same thing with foam that they do with a mitt

They create a layer of lubricity that lets the foam look good but actually helps it just float off the surface without doing much cleaning

I have tried a couple of CG soaps just because I can find them locally and I think they might be a bit better as a foam

I think Gold Class is awesome as a maintenance bucket wash and I frequently recommend it but…..

I think I need to order a gallon of Hyper Wash and give that a whirl

As far as PWs go, I’m to the point if it’s not a Kraenzle they are lying through their teeth

My Green Works machine flat sucks for many reasons

briarpatch
10-31-2021, 08:38 PM
I am able to use 8:1 and get decent results

I honestly think I need a new soap though for foaming

I use Gold Class now for bucket wash, just as I have for years

I have also been running it in my cannon as well and thought it did a good job, but I’m beginning to think it’s not

I think a lot of the conditioners or whatever they are called are doing the same thing with foam that they do with a mitt

They create a layer of lubricity that lets the foam look good but actually helps it just float off the surface without doing much cleaning

I have tried a couple of CG soaps just because I can find them locally and I think they might be a bit better as a foam

I think Gold Class is awesome as a maintenance bucket wash and I frequently recommend it but…..

I think I need to order a gallon of Hyper Wash and give that a whirl

As far as PWs go, I’m to the point if it’s not a Kraenzle they are lying through their teeth

My Green Works machine flat sucks for many reasons

For what it's worth, you will like HyperWash better in the cannon and the bucket than Gold Class....I've used both and that was my result