PDA

View Full Version : How do I know

Markymapo
10-28-2021, 08:38 PM
Do detailing products ( shampoo, waterless, rinseless, coatings (ceramic n non ceramic) specify if they arePPF safe (XPel for example). Been pawing through many products n not sure how safe they are.

Coatingsarecrack
10-29-2021, 03:38 AM
The only thing i would be concern about is LSP. I’ don’t think most will stain or damage bit just might not adhere.

PPF is designed to be tougher than paint and expel does not require special washing. So most should work.

Xpel makes a rinseless and does not say to not use on there ppf so try that. Personally i’d use rinseless i have on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteShadow89
10-29-2021, 12:17 PM
A quality PPF coating is very robust. Every shampoo, rinseless and waterless wash out there on Autogeek will be safe on PPF. Now what can damage your ppf coating some is improper technique. Always make sure you use quality materials that touch your body work with the right methods.

I don't know much about Xpel's most recent product line aside from them not answering my questions lol. To me it seems like they are trying to capitalize on new comers who use their ppf. I am sure the products are okay/fine, but I would say there are better companies you can buy from for dedicated detailing products like blackfire, gtechniq and carpro to name a few.