PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using MF's from Sams Club?

Pages : [1] 2

ZRX61
10-26-2021, 08:45 PM
... or am I about to be run out of town on a rail for even asking?

Just noticed they have a 24pk of 16x24in's.

I have a bunch* of the blue/orange/yellow/green 16x16's & they appear to be a step up from the yellow ones sold at Costco

*well I guess one pack of each color counts as "a bunch"

Klasse Act
10-26-2021, 09:21 PM
The "less than" mf towels have their place, no harm in using them[emoji848] You know what and where to use the good ones on[emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
10-27-2021, 04:52 AM
Not use them but if the Costco ones came edgeless, i’d use them alot more. Pretty impressive for price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
10-27-2021, 08:24 AM
I don't use them, but compared them to those from Costco years ago and found the Costco towels to be more plush and softer.

ZRX61
10-27-2021, 11:20 AM
I also have some of the Costco yellows, I think the Sams version are better.. but with that said I'm still working my way through both kinds I bought years ago. I was mainly using the Costco yellows, but started using the Sam's one because "different colors for different things"
Also have a bag of Detailer's Preference Double Density MF's that I think also came from Sam's. I use one of those for my glasses.

ducksfan
10-27-2021, 12:12 PM
You only need good MF for surfaces that are easily scratched.

But, I wouldn't buy too many of the cheap ones. Your good ones eventually become cheap ones.

ducksfan
10-27-2021, 12:14 PM
Not use them but if the Costco ones came edgeless, i’d use them alot more. Pretty impressive for price

While I was watching a game, I took a pair of scissors and cut all the edges off. Problem solved.

Coatingsarecrack
10-27-2021, 02:23 PM
While I was watching a game, I took a pair of scissors and cut all the edges off. Problem solved.

Keep us updated if you have any issues with them linting.

PaulMys
10-27-2021, 05:06 PM
I always have a big pack of "El Cheapo" towels.

A million household uses, plus using them on lawn equipment, applying/removing wax from the snow blower augers, etc.

Also great for door jambs, wheel wells, engine bays, and interior cleaning/dusting on the vehicles. And........ as the towel to keep handy behind the seat for that gigantic bird bomb that we all get. :/

Bruno Soares
10-27-2021, 07:15 PM
I use cheaper MF on wheels and door jambs. On paint I use the better ones because I know what a PITA it is to fix it again should a cheap towel damage it.

Klasse Act
10-27-2021, 07:19 PM
I use cheaper MF on wheels and door jambs. On paint I use the better ones because I know what a PITA it is to fix it again should a cheap towel damage it.I have so many old mf towels of varying types that I use for tires, wheels, engine bay, muffler-tips that I don't even need to buy cheap ones. Hell, some of my old mf towels that are in pretty good shape I used in the interior for various things as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ducksfan
10-27-2021, 10:50 PM
Keep us updated if you have any issues with them linting.

I did it a long time ago. You get a lot of little pieces when you cut them. Shake them out (where it's easy to clean up the little bits) and then wash them. You shouldn't have much of a problem. They're not like cotton that keeps unraveling. They actually become like edgeless after one washing - as I remember it. Take one and try it.

Coatingsarecrack
10-27-2021, 11:33 PM
I did it a long time ago. You get a lot of little pieces when you cut them. Shake them out (where it's easy to clean up the little bits) and then wash them. You shouldn't have much of a problem. They're not like cotton that keeps unraveling. They actually become like edgeless after one washing - as I remember it. Take one and try it.

Will do.

SaabGuy
10-27-2021, 11:43 PM
I use cheaper MF on wheels and door jambs. On paint I use the better ones because I know what a PITA it is to fix it again should a cheap towel damage it.

I do the same
I have invested hundreds of dollars in quality MF. But I buy a bag of the Costco crap for dirty jobs. Wish they came edgeless, without tags.

Eldorado2k
10-30-2021, 09:24 AM
The only thing wrong with Costco towels is having to cut the tags off of each towel when they’re new. Other than that they’re just as good as any other general purpose microfiber towel. Never had them scratch anything.