PDA

View Full Version : Striped Trim Correction

hollerstiltner
10-26-2021, 04:18 PM
I just noticed the trim on my Outback is trying to look a bit striped from uneven sun fading. It’s outside 24/7. My question is, would something like WETS or DLUX be good enough to even it out, or would I need solution finish to bring it back before sealing?

Follow up question, any other trim protectant I should look into other than the above?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211026/82e7dae60cc46a6ab922cb665d2404ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
10-26-2021, 05:10 PM
Get yourself solution finish and then top it with either their over the top sealant which unfortunately is not sold here but available at another place. Or top it with WETS which will accomplish the same thing.

I would not coat trim that needs restoration or coat over solution finish as you lock yourself out for when the trim oxidizes again.

There is a video on the Autogeek channel where Mike Phillips and Chris West of solution finish discussing this.

PaulMys
10-26-2021, 05:31 PM
Get yourself solution finish and then top it with either their over the top sealant which unfortunately is not sold here but available at another place. Or top it with WETS which will accomplish the same thing.

I would not coat trim that needs restoration or coat over solution finish as you lock yourself out for when the trim oxidizes again.

There is a video on the Autogeek channel where Mike Phillips and Chris West of solution finish discussing this.

^^^This^^^

hollerstiltner
10-26-2021, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I didn’t realize that DLUX over it was a bad idea. Thank you for telling me about the video as well, just found it and am watching it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk