PDA

View Full Version : Tire/rubber cleaners?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
10-22-2021, 01:15 AM
Finally finished up my Tuf Shine tire cleaner, and wondering if there is anything new out there? Is there anything local that could be bought maybe that works just as well?

Or does it look like another gallon of Tuf Shine is on order?

glen e
10-22-2021, 02:29 AM
There is nothing you can buy from the major manufacturers that you can buy local that will last as long is tufshine… Stay away from the armour all coatings, I use the one they make and it was a mess…

MrOneEyedBoh
10-22-2021, 03:32 AM
There is nothing you can buy from the major manufacturers that you can buy local that will last as long is tug shine… Stay away from the armour all coatings, I use the one they make and it was a mess…... Cleaners. Lol

Klasse Act
10-22-2021, 04:57 AM
I'm a fan of Gyeon Tire cleaner [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BadgerRivFan
10-22-2021, 10:04 AM
I was surprised at how well P&S Brake Buster worked on cleaning tires. If you’re interested in a combination wheel and tire cleaner, it’s worth a look. The price is also good on this one.

Another option that you might be able to to get locally (O’Reilly’s, etc.) is Griots Foaming Tire Cleaner.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211022/05f7ef2e5916a584ffb279b07e6b23cb.jpg

I like this one because it works well and if necessary you can just wipe it off with a microfiber towel. No hose is needed.

Bobby B.
10-22-2021, 10:45 AM
Tuff Shine makes an excellent tire cleaner. I also like the Pinnacle Advanced Tire Cleaner and Amazing Roll-Off

TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner (https://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-cleaner.html)
Pinnacle Advanced Tire Cleaner (https://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-advanced-tire-cleaner.html)
Spray on Amazing Roll Off and watch the dirt roll off! (https://www.autogeek.net/amazing-roll-off.html)

ct18
10-22-2021, 11:54 AM
I second the Roll Off

WhiteShadow89
10-22-2021, 12:02 PM
Can't say there is anything new out there that is next level and game changing. Tuff Shine tire cleaner is what I use.

evo77
10-22-2021, 12:26 PM
Finally finished up my Tuf Shine tire cleaner, and wondering if there is anything new out there? Is there anything local that could be bought maybe that works just as well?

Or does it look like another gallon of Tuf Shine is on order?

Advanced Auto carries RTU Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner (https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/meguiars-non-acid-wheel-tire-cleaner-rtu-drtu14332/12182786-P) in stores.

Or else if in a pinch, Super Clean is at Walmart as well as Purple Power. Dollar stores carry LAs Totally Awesome APC (I've never tried this one).

Honestly, most APCs and dedicated tire cleaners will do the job. I've used Tuf Shine tire cleaner before and I wasn't blown away by it. It simply cleaned the tire like any other APC. Same for the expensive Gyeon Tire Cleaner.

Just buy what's economical. I just bought a gallon of Megs Wheel and Tire cleaner online for $25. After researching, its one of the most economical in a gallon (designed for tire cleaning). I had been using Nanoskin Multi Clean APC and it did a great job on tires @ 2:1 ratio. It used to cost $12 SHIPPED which was phenomenal deal! But amazon rarely stocks the gallon jug and shipping from Nanos website is way too much now, so on to the next which is now the Megs.

Bill D
10-22-2021, 01:56 PM
I second the Roll OffI'm afraid Roll Off disappointed me. YMMV

Buster906
10-22-2021, 03:29 PM
Advanced Auto carries RTU Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner (https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/meguiars-non-acid-wheel-tire-cleaner-rtu-drtu14332/12182786-P) in stores.

Or else if in a pinch, Super Clean is at Walmart as well as Purple Power. Dollar stores carry LAs Totally Awesome APC (I've never tried this one).

Honestly, most APCs and dedicated tire cleaners will do the job. I've used Tuf Shine tire cleaner before and I wasn't blown away by it. It simply cleaned the tire like any other APC. Same for the expensive Gyeon Tire Cleaner.

Just buy what's economical. I just bought a gallon of Megs Wheel and Tire cleaner online for $25. After researching, its one of the most economical in a gallon (designed for tire cleaning). I had been using Nanoskin Multi Clean APC and it did a great job on tires @ 2:1 ratio. It used to cost $12 SHIPPED which was phenomenal deal! But amazon rarely stocks the gallon jug and shipping from Nanos website is way too much now, so on to the next which is now the Megs.I use the Meguiars tire and wheel cleaner. Bought the gallon and 32 ounce bottle. Cleans my tires well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ducksfan
10-22-2021, 05:43 PM
Let me try that again.

ducksfan
10-22-2021, 05:48 PM
I'm afraid Roll Off disappointed me. YMMV

I had the same opinion. You heard more of it 5+ years ago. Then it sort of died away. I'm actually surprised it was brought up. I had to check the posting dates to make sure this wasn't an old thread.

But now that I've trashed it, let me step back. It cleans fiberglass really well. If you have a boat or tub you should give it a try.

Oh, and only mix up what you need. Once diluted (I would only use distilled.), it is supposed to be used in 24 hours.

Klasse Act
10-22-2021, 06:29 PM
I had the same opinion. You heard more of it 5+ years ago. Then it sort of died away. I'm actually surprised it was brought up. I had to check the posting dates to make sure this wasn't an old thread.

But now that I've trashed it, let me step back. It cleans fiberglass really well. If you have a boat or tub you should give it a try.

Oh, and only mix up what you need. Once diluted (I would only use distilled.), it is supposed to be used in 24 hours.So you guys are saying it "Rolled Off" everyone's consciousness [emoji16]

PaulMys
10-22-2021, 06:33 PM
So you guys are saying it "Rolled Off" everyone's consciousness [emoji16]

"Amazingly", yes. :laughing::laughing: