PDA

View Full Version : Can leftover Optimum No Rinse solution be used to water plants?

joebruin77
10-17-2021, 12:07 PM
Random question - when I am done doing a rinseless wash with Optimum No Rinse and I have a bit of the solution left over, can I safely poor this onto my lawn or shrubs? If it is safe, is the same true for Mckees37 N-914 and for Optimum No Rinse With Wax?

Thank you,
joebruin77

Texchappy
10-17-2021, 12:42 PM
I’ve always dumped onr on the flowerbed or lawn and never had a problem. Read a post on the OPT forum that said something to the effect that the leftover solution has dirt and polymers and plants like both. Not sure about onrww but I haven’t treated it any different and haven’t noticed any problems with it either (in a much smaller sample).

MisterSnoop
10-17-2021, 01:00 PM
My leftover solution doesn't have dirt since I don't go back into the bucket with my towels. I either pour it into a spray bottle to use as pretreat or back into the jug the distilled water came out of so I can use it later.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/757ab2368ba17f69db9fb3eff68bc16d.jpg

chilly
10-17-2021, 01:28 PM
My leftover solution doesn't have dirt since I don't go back into the bucket with my towels. I either pour it into a spray bottle to use as pretreat or back into the jug the distilled water came out of so I can use it later.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/757ab2368ba17f69db9fb3eff68bc16d.jpg

This ^^^^

I just leave mine in a sealed bucket and keep using it until it’s gone

Never had it go “bad”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoClue
10-18-2021, 04:20 PM

Thanks for making me feel like an idiot for dumping it on the lawn.
I will be doing this moving forward with rinsless washes. Thanks!

Jayfro
10-18-2021, 04:24 PM
This ^^^^

I just leave mine in a sealed bucket and keep using it until it’s gone

Never had it go “bad”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto...

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Texchappy
10-18-2021, 04:31 PM
I sometimes keep it and sometimes dump it. It depends on how much I have left and just how dirty the solution is at the end.

ETA: I have had one batch go bad after my heart attack and not going out to do anything in the garage for a few months.

glen e
10-18-2021, 04:32 PM
My leftover solution also goes in a 1 gallon jug to be used as a spray. My solution is always virgin because using the Gary Dean method, no towels go back into the liquid…

chilly
10-18-2021, 04:34 PM
I think those of us who are saying keep it are using a multi towel method and never introducing any dirt back in to the mix

That's my deal anyway

YMMV

MisterSnoop
10-18-2021, 05:03 PM
Thanks for making me feel like an idiot for dumping it on the lawn.
I will be doing this moving forward with rinsless washes. Thanks!

Not my intent. I've certainly dumped it on the lawn myself if it's just a little bit and not worth getting out the funnel.

I sometimes keep it and sometimes dump it. It depends on how much I have left and just how dirty the solution is at the end.

ETA: I have had one batch go bad after my heart attack and not going out to do anything in the garage for a few months.

I had 1 batch where I got mold on the inside of my bucket. It was a bucket with a gamma seal lid and it was the last rinseless I had done before winter. It sat in the garage for a few months. Now I put it back into the distilled water jug, which should be cleaner. If winter is coming up, I could just bring it inside.

Texchappy
10-18-2021, 05:15 PM
I think those of us who are saying keep it are using a multi towel method and never introducing any dirt back in to the mix

That's my deal anyway

YMMV

Not necessarily. I don’t use that method but if the soiling is light I don’t have a problem reusing the solution. I just don’t leave the microfiber mitt I use in the solution.

joshhas99problems
10-23-2021, 04:57 AM
I just drink mine. Not really. Dont do this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk