PDA

View Full Version : What to use to get wheels shine??

Thlian
04-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I`ve just sold my recent 19`s, but where they a lost case?
A lot and then I mean a lot of brake dust had kinda grew into the chrome!
Is there a way and products to use to get rid of this? I`ve tried the Megs NXT chrome polish, better, but from far good.

I now have brand new tires today, but just for later, what`s the best product to use to get them clean from brakedust and make them shine again?
And what should I use on the tires? Cause most of what I`ve tried have shined like the sun for two days and after that they`ve turned grey. Just wanna know how to keep them look as new?

makdaddy626
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
The best thing to do is keep them well maintained and not let them get to bad... P21s cleaner is a great product for removing break dust and road film. I've been using AquaWax on my wheels (factory cc) and it seems to help keep things from sticking. As far as a metal polish goes it will depend on what type of wheels you have? CCed, aluminum, chrome, etc. ?

ScottB
04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Wheel Cleaner -- P21S
Wheel Sealant --- DP or Poorboys Wheel Glaze
Tire Protectant --- Optiseal by Optimum

Thlian
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Wheel Cleaner -- P21S
Wheel Sealant --- DP or Poorboys Wheel Glaze
Tire Protectant --- Optiseal by Optimum

But Optiseal is actually a paint protector? Does it work for tires too?

Btw. any good suggestions for cleaning and keeping exterior plastic clean and anti-dust?

Al-53
04-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I think Killer either meant ...Opti bond tire gel or Opt tire shine....unless he knows a trick to use the sealant on rubber...

for interior I will suggest 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium great stuff...or the Optimum Protectant Plus both great products....I favor the 1Z ....

Al

Thlian
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
For interior I kinda favor megs interior detailer, but I was asking for exterior use? ;)

ScottB
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Optibond .... sorry !