PDA

View Full Version : Got an IK foamer, now need a wheel cleaner that is non acid and clings well

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
10-11-2021, 06:38 PM
I have to say, im impressed by the ik foam pro 2. I use a purple eco friendly cleaner right now that I dont think the geek will allow me to mention but for some odd reason it does not pull or say remove the brake dust that well. Does anyone have any recs for something that foams and clings well but also can loosen alot of stuck on brake dust. I already have a wheel acid from meguiars that I try to save. I have iron x but use that once the wheel is cleaner to get better results and save costs.

Any recs here would be appreciated.

Bruno Soares
10-11-2021, 06:41 PM
P&S Brake Buster works well in the foamer. It’s not the strongest cleaner but it does the job if you clean the wheels often. I have it diluted 1:4 in my iK foamer.

Klasse Act
10-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Brake Buster is what I use in my IK foamer, 4:1 ratio for weekly maintenance, 3:1-2:1 if you don't get around to it as much and/or have dirty pads.

Check the felt pad in the tip every other use. This thing, even with using distilled water, can still get dirty and thus makes foaming impossible.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bill1234
10-11-2021, 06:52 PM
I keep hearing brake buster is the way to go. The only caveat I hear is that on dirty stuff it is not good. I use a high alkaline cleaner from another florida brand and it is very versatile but cuts through anything. Just imo gets pricy sometimes

Klasse Act
10-11-2021, 06:56 PM
I keep hearing brake buster is the way to go. The only caveat I hear is that on dirty stuff it is not good. I use a high alkaline cleaner from another florida brand and it is very versatile but cuts through anything. Just imo gets pricy sometimesYou could try a stronger ratio but there is always something stronger out there just keep using that if you are happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bill1234
10-11-2021, 07:01 PM
My current chemical is not sold through the geek and I think due to covid and stuff will be expensive to source. The other one was bought through home depot for cheap but ill have to figure out the dilutions better maybe to 1:3 etc

opie
10-11-2021, 07:18 PM
How about megs d143? I think its a great wheel and tire cleaner, works well b4 agitation

Bill1234
10-11-2021, 07:34 PM
I tried d143 a while back, while meguiars stuff is usually good I was not too impressed. I remember going about 4:1 and it was not very good at removing brake dust. I dont need an acid based product but something that does not make me have to scrub at stuck on dirt would be nice

opie
10-11-2021, 09:19 PM
I would recommend re-trying it and also do not cut it....run it straight and you will be much happier with the product.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
10-11-2021, 11:59 PM
I didn’t like Brake buster in a foamer. Gave up in it. Tried it again full strength out of a normal sprayer and good stuff.

I like Meguiars ultimate at 3-1 in it but it still better full strength. I only foam Frothe and Bilt Hamber AutoFoam now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFB
10-12-2021, 04:46 AM
I didn’t like Brake buster in a foamer. Gave up in it. Tried it again full strength out of a normal sprayer and good stuff.

I like Meguiars ultimate at 3-1 in it but it still better full strength. I only foam Frothe and Bilt Hamber AutoFoam now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Brake Buster at full strength in the supplied sprayer as well and find it more than capable.

shop1detail
10-13-2021, 12:25 PM
im not using a ik sprayer but a SOLO brand one that is pretty bad as not a foamer tho. I got to say for wheel cleaners as a mobile guy i want something that works and dont take all day to use. lol I like the alkaline cleaners short of the smell, they smell really bad some of them. Adams makes a good one as does 3d. Im currently using one by a local distributor, stuff is awesome but stinks like hell at the application site. So rinse road first. But holds up in my sprayer without a problem

NoClue
10-13-2021, 03:07 PM
I'm new at that game...but having luck with Sonax Beast straight out of the bottle. Economically probably not the best for a professional detailer.

Side note, I need to find somebody in the Philadelphia area to do a good cleaning and a coating of the wheels. Also looking for someone to do a full vehicle polish.

Bruno Soares
10-13-2021, 03:13 PM
I need to find somebody in the Philadelphia area to do a good cleaning and a coating of the wheels. Also looking for someone to do a full vehicle polish.

Berardi's Auto Detailing and Auto Body! - Berardi's Auto Detailing | Auto Body Repair | Ceramic Coating (https://berardisdetailing.com/)

It's in West Chester, not too far from KOP.

NoClue
10-13-2021, 03:16 PM
My friend has used them. He gave a great review. I was hoping to find someone on here to work with. Keep it within the family.

But thanks, if I don't find someone, Ill be using them.