PDA

View Full Version : Which paste wax is easiest to remove???

Pages : [1] 2

NHBFAN
10-04-2021, 06:44 AM
Griot's Best in Show paste or Meg's Ultimate Paste Wax (New Formula)?

Bill D
10-04-2021, 07:45 AM
In addition to those, Iit’s a breeze to remove Souveran and Fuzion.

NHBFAN
10-04-2021, 07:58 AM
In addition to those, Iit’s a breeze to remove Souveran and Fuzion.

Unfortunately I don't think they fall within my budget.

Loach
10-04-2021, 08:58 AM
The newest formula of Ultimate Paste Wax is easier to buff off compared to the Griot's Best of Show. Not that Best of Show is bad at all, but I was surprised at just how easy the new Ultimate formula was to wipeoff after applying.

NHBFAN
10-06-2021, 06:05 AM
The newest formula of Ultimate Paste Wax is easier to buff off compared to the Griot's Best of Show. Not that Best of Show is bad at all, but I was surprised at just how easy the new Ultimate formula was to wipeoff after applying.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll give it a try with either Poorboy's World Pro Polish or P21S paint cleanser, I understand they're both very easy also.

JDGolden
10-06-2021, 07:10 AM
I’ve heard the same about the Meguiars new version.

I have to say finishkare 1000P is easy, and it’s cheap. Massive tin, also.

Prange
10-06-2021, 07:41 AM
No matter which you choose, a thin application is the key. I'll touch the pad to a side window to see if it leaves wax on it. If it does, I don't need to add more.

NHBFAN
10-07-2021, 06:52 AM
No matter which you choose, a thin application is the key. I'll touch the pad to a side window to see if it leaves wax on it. If it does, I don't need to add more.

Do you prime the pad with QD before applying wax?

glen e
10-07-2021, 11:39 AM

Agreed…..This is why I use a cordless orbital to apply any sealant (don’t use wax anymore)… I can get the thinnest , most even coat I can with the orbital…... I agree with touching the glass to see what’s left on the pad….with 303 graphene I can get away with one spritz per panel, two on the hood.

vaca22
10-07-2021, 01:08 PM
S100!

Does that stuff still even exist? I have 2 jars that I found that are at least 14 or 15 years old.

chilly
10-09-2021, 04:43 PM
S100!

Does that stuff still even exist? I have 2 jars that I found that are at least 14 or 15 years old.

Yes it does, it is P21s packaged for their motorcycle care line of products and can be found in Harley dealers among other places

By far my favorite paste wax (P21s) and another affordable easy to remove wax

DUBL0WS6
10-09-2021, 10:56 PM
Yes it does, it is P21s packaged for their motorcycle care line of products and can be found in Harley dealers among other places

By far my favorite paste wax (P21s) and another affordable easy to remove wax

It looked really nice but lasted all of about 2 weeks.

chilly
10-09-2021, 11:00 PM
It looked really nice but lasted all of about 2 weeks.

Well that sucks but it is certainly not the results I had with P21s

I used it religiously on my TT for years and it lived outside in Alaska

Wonder if the age of the product had something to do with it

I have seen P21s win awards year after year as the best value in real carnauba waxes

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBoy
03-25-2023, 12:29 AM
Well that sucks but it is certainly not the results I had with P21s

I used it religiously on my TT for years and it lived outside in Alaska

Wonder if the age of the product had something to do with it

I have seen P21s win awards year after year as the best value in real carnauba waxes

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember it being a "beauty" wax with limited durability.

But back in the day S100 and Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze were a breeze to apply and remove.

craigdt
03-25-2023, 10:45 AM
Clearkote Vanilla Moose. Still have a giant bottle, just waiting for an excuse to use it.

Souveran, and Fuzion are some of the easiest to remove.
Poorboys Nattys are also pretty nice.
Less enjoyable is F1000P (which everyone likes).

Still waiting to try out a new tub of Supernatural my wife got me. Hope it's nice to use