PDA

View Full Version : Spot fixing paint..Help!!

Robscoe
10-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Hey guys sorry for posting so much recently, just keep running into tricky stuff that i require outside help for.. and who better than the folks on here?! So my silver Audi ive been doing correction on, the old owner after an accident must have sloppily (it has to have been a self done thing) repainted some sections themselves (overall i’m only impressed at the color blend being so good, but there’s some indication he did the whole car) it appears he just painted over paint without sanding or anything, and either didnt clear coat some parts or the ones he did just didn’t last (evidence of DIY clear coat application in a few minor spots)

Anyways, on the hood, after my first round of correction (gonna do a couple as i’m learning was being careful) while in many ways it looks way better, Theres all these little tiny basically dots where the second layer chipped off around where you can just barely tell was body damage. They look like little white dots. Well even putting too much Audi touch up paint over it (my hope was to compound, or sand it down with like a grit finer than 1200, compound then clear coat the areas/little spots. Doesn’t work, even overfilling somehow you can tell still, pictures will explain better. Would any kind of filler help? Sand that down after and then go over witt touch up paint? I’m at a loss getting very frustrated.

TL;dr touch up paint isn’t working, still little spots you can tell aren’t 100% even with the paint like a tiny dent almost. Wondering if a filler of something sanded down first would remedy!? Thank you so much in advance to anyone who gives help/advice this forum has been INCREDIBLE and with ZERO toxicity or condescending attitudes like 99% of car forums.

Rsurfer
10-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Maybe Dr. Colorchip will help your situation.