PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Endurance Gel...Miserable Product

Pages : [1] 2

UncleDavy
09-30-2021, 08:14 PM
I got a bottle of Meguairs Endurance Gel at a Barrett Jackson auction a few years ago and the guy at the Meguairs booth talked about the product like it was the best thing on earth. I tried it 4 years ago and I only used it once. Now I remember why it has been sitting on my shelf. I recently applied it to my rental truck and it has lasted a good 2 weeks. I cleaned the tires very thoroughly before I applied the product and the tires still looked good after a few weeks. This week I drove the truck through torrential rains and today I had a chance to finally wash the vehicle. There was a stream of brown, gritty, sticky crap along the bottom of the truck on both sides. Now I remember why I didn't use that product. The Endurance gel washed off of the tires and deposited itself on the lower panels of the truck. It also picked up all of the crap from the road. It didn't wash off with normal soap and wash mitt. Tarminator and a bug sponge were able to melt that crap off of the surface.
The Endurance Gel went in the garbage.

Bill D
09-30-2021, 08:23 PM
I totally agree that it's garbage. It's such a messy product among other things. I ditched it years and years ago and never looked back

01GreyStangGT
09-30-2021, 10:10 PM
I gave a bottle away. I too liked how it looked when I put it on but did not like how it was after rain, snow, etc.

2black1s
09-30-2021, 10:23 PM
I still have the left over portion of a once used bottle... I have no idea why I haven't thrown it away yet.

Rsurfer
09-30-2021, 10:28 PM
I still have the left over portion of a once used bottle... I have no idea why I haven't thrown it away yet.
Maybe like a fine wine, it needs to age.:D

Don M
09-30-2021, 11:30 PM

Same here

dlc95
10-01-2021, 05:42 AM
Never had that happen, but mine ended up in the trash as well.

I hate tire shine in general. I've ruined a few pairs of pants because nothing we had at the shop would fully remove all of it. I use Optimum Power Clean to remove it at home.

Meguiar's M40, and Optimum Opri-Bond work much better for me. I've also had good luck with the Optimum Tire Coating too, which is great because again, I hate tire shine.

vobro
10-01-2021, 01:42 PM

Wait til the bottle breaks, sweet gooey mess it’ll be

PaulMys
10-01-2021, 04:30 PM
I got a bottle of Meguairs Endurance Gel at a Barrett Jackson auction a few years ago and the guy at the Meguairs booth talked about the product like it was the best thing on earth. I tried it 4 years ago and I only used it once. Now I remember why it has been sitting on my shelf. I recently applied it to my rental truck and it has lasted a good 2 weeks. I cleaned the tires very thoroughly before I applied the product and the tires still looked good after a few weeks. This week I drove the truck through torrential rains and today I had a chance to finally wash the vehicle. There was a stream of brown, gritty, sticky crap along the bottom of the truck on both sides. Now I remember why I didn't use that product. The Endurance gel washed off of the tires and deposited itself on the lower panels of the truck. It also picked up all of the crap from the road. It didn't wash off with normal soap and wash mitt. Tarminator and a bug sponge were able to melt that crap off of the surface.
The Endurance Gel went in the garbage.

That'll teach you about straying from DG 253, UD......... :laughing:

Rsurfer
10-01-2021, 06:06 PM
That'll teach you about straying from DG 253, UD......... :laughing:

Yeah Paul, finally got to use DG253 on my Michelins Pilot Sport 4S as Tuff Shine just didn't do well. This is my new tire dressing that at least lasts a few weeks.

PaulMys
10-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Yeah, Paul finally got to use DG253 on my Michelins Pilot Sport 4S as Tuff Shine just didn't do well. This is my new tire dressing that at least lasts a few weeks.

That's cool. :)

Some say Michelins can be finicky with taking dressings, but the ones I put on the Ram last summer take the 253 very well. (I did scrub the crap out of them about 6 weeks after installing them...)

DFB
10-02-2021, 05:53 AM
I used Endurance Gel for a while and I generally liked the glossy look.

https://i.postimg.cc/02nKBFtz/DSC_0103.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

However it was hard to work with, the sticky consistency made applying a thin, even coat was hard to achieve. It then slung onto the lower panels.

I'm also going to put AutoGlym Tire Gel in the same category.

https://i.postimg.cc/cLdCpXvY/IMG-E2060.jpg (https://postimg.cc/nCwn7KYc)

Again, I liked how it looked and smelled, but it was hard to apply and sling city.

PA DETAILER
10-02-2021, 07:06 AM
Yeah Paul, finally got to use DG253 on my Michelins Pilot Sport 4S as Tuff Shine just didn't do well. This is my new tire dressing that at least lasts a few weeks.

All i use. It just works. Love the look and never slung.

zv300
10-02-2021, 10:29 PM
The Endurance spray is much better:xyxthumbs:

glen e
10-02-2021, 10:52 PM
Honestly as a group classification, there are more poor products in the tire dressing category I think than any other class of Detailing products. It’s amazing that they can’t consistently get it right like waxes and sealants.