I looked at the Porter Cable 6gal. with hose and some
other accessories.

I also would like a accurate air chuck with a gauge
any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

dgage
09-28-2021, 03:42 PM
I’ll go a different way as someone who has multiple air compressors at home but not always plugged in. Do you have any cordless tools that might have an inflator tool? I have the Milwaukee M12 inflator and I love it. It is small, digital, powerful (enough), and accurate. My son had a small leak in a tire from 2 brad nails and the tire needed to be replaced and it took a couple weeks to schedule time to get all 4 new tires. He kept the tire inflator with him and it worked very well and the 4ah battery lasted a long time.

If you do go for a compressor, I’d recommend a California Tools compressor as it is quieter, lighter, and being made of aluminum, it won’t rust like steel does.

For a tire gauge, I’d go with a Milton as they make high quality pneumatic accessories.

Jim w
09-28-2021, 04:30 PM
^^^^
I will look to see if DeWalt has one. Thanks. I'll look into the California Tools compressor as well.
I did see Milton, but I don't know nothing about them.

PaulMys
09-28-2021, 04:44 PM
I have had the PC 6 gallon for years now, and it fits my needs perfectly.

That said, I only use it for tire inflation on my vehicles and yard/snow equipment, to blow off the riding mower after use, and the occasional small project around the house. (To power my Hitachi nail gun).

I did get a longer (50') Flexzilla hose for it. As for an air gauge, I bought a digital one off the big "A". I cannot remember the brand name of it because it was years ago, but it's still going strong. :)

Jim w
09-28-2021, 05:34 PM
That said, I only use it for tire inflation on my vehicles and yard/snow equipment, to blow off the riding mower after use, and the occasional small project around the house. (To power my Hitachi nail gun).

I did get a longer (50') Flexzilla hose for it. As for an air gauge, I bought a digital one off the big "A". I cannot remember the brand name of it because it was years ago, but it's still going strong. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Paul that is what I would be using it for as well

PaulMys
09-28-2021, 05:47 PM
[/QUOTE]Thanks Paul that is what I would be using it for as well[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for what I use it for, I just couldn't justify spending the cash on anything more. If I remember right, I think I nailed the PC on sale for $99 or $109 back then.

But like I said, when I need it.......... it never lets me down. :props:

BTW574
09-28-2021, 06:38 PM
The PC or Rigid 6 gallon can be found on sale for $99 at Home Depot at times.
No matter which one you get make sure you follow the break in process.
Its normally to let it run continuously for 30 minutes with the drain valve open.
To extend the life of the tank, store it with no air in it.

Jim w
09-29-2021, 07:25 AM
Its normally to let it run continuously for 30 minutes with the drain valve open.

Thank you for the heads up on break in process

PaulMys
09-29-2021, 04:56 PM

I couldn't quite remember, so I pulled out the manual which came with my PC compressor. (I'm really anal about keeping all of the nomenclature that comes with any of my tools, and I file them and write the date I bought them on each one.) The compressor manual says "8/8/14" so a little over 7 years old. Lol

The manual (actually a gigantic piece of paper that folds up like an old road map) makes zero mention of a break-in period, which I found odd.

I still ran mine with the tank valve open for about 15 minutes, as I always remembered the old-timers saying you needed to "break it in".

Jim w
09-29-2021, 06:45 PM
Paul, thanks again. I believe I will go with the P/C. They've been around for a long time.

Did you get the 1/4 or 3/8 hose?

Jim

PaulMys
09-29-2021, 06:53 PM
Paul, thanks again. I believe I will go with the P/C. They've been around for a long time.

Did you get the 1/4 or 3/8 hose?

Jim

My unit has the 1/4" setup, Jim. I believe that was the only option for the PC 6 gallon at the time? Can't remember...... Lol

Jim w
09-29-2021, 07:39 PM
Know all about the can't remember.:laughing:

BTW574
09-29-2021, 08:23 PM
The last Rigid and Campbell Hausfield I bought my guys all listed a 30 minute break in run time.
This from the Hausfield manual

OPERATION
Before first start-up
Break-in procedure
Complete this procedure before using compressor for the first time. Once completed, it is not necessary to
repeat.
1. Turn ON/OFF switch to OFF position.
2. Open the tank drain valve.
3. Plug in power cord.
4. Turn ON/OFF switch to ON position and run compressor for 30 minutes.
5. Turn ON/OFF switch to OFF position.
6. Unplug power cord.
7. Close drain valve.
The compressor is now ready for use

Jim w
09-30-2021, 07:40 AM
Thanks BTW574 sure wouldn't hurt to use Break-in procedure you posted for the P/C.

Jim