PDA

View Full Version : Applying P21S Concours Wax

Emm
04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
This may sound stupid, but I am used to liquid waxes, The P21S wax seems so hard. What is the best way to apply the wax to the PC pad? Should I wet the applicator with QD spray? It seems to be coming out of the container in chunks.

Thanks

Larry A
04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Just put it on by hand.Its so easy by hand that its more work with a PC.

budman3
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
P21S is one of the easiest waxes to use ... by hand. A lot of people use the foam material in the container as an applicator. Wipe the wax on with that applicator and wipe off. It goes on and off super easy. I have never been a fan of applying paste waxes with a PC because they are usually easier to do by hand, quicker and you can get into tight spots by hand.

Emm
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
is it supposed to be so hard? it is like candle wax

Brace1
04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I've always applied it with a PC, but it should be very easy to apply by hand as well. The way I get it on the PC pad is by popping it loose out of the jar by holding it upside down on top of the pad and hitting the jar on the bottom. Once you rub it around on the pad it is like melted butter.

Emm
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe I am retarded, but it is coming out in little chunks, and looks like candle wax. Brace do you pre wet your pad with a QD spray?

Streetlife
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Speaking of waxing by hand. Is it okay to apply the wax by hand, then remove with the edge blue finishing pad? I'm a newbie, i used my Milwaukee rotary for swirl removal and glaze application only. I applied the wax by hand and removed it by hand the first and only time i've waxed my car so far.

killrflake
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
P21S is one of the easiest waxes to use ... by hand. A lot of people use the foam material in the container as an applicator. Wipe the wax on with that applicator and wipe off. It goes on and off super easy. I have never been a fan of applying paste waxes with a PC because they are usually easier to do by hand, quicker and you can get into tight spots by hand.
:whs:

Brace1
04-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Maybe I am retarded, but it is coming out in little chunks, and looks like candle wax. Brace do you pre wet your pad with a QD spray?

Yes, I pretty much do with all products, else you're wasting the product as it wets (absorbs into) the pad. My P21S never came out in chunks like yours though, the whole block of it comes out. My Meg's #26 however does come out in little chunks, so I spread them on the pad with a plastic knife (which is one of the reasons my 26 hardly gets used).

ScottB
04-16-2008, 05:00 PM
use a foam applicator and circle around it a couple times and transfers more than enough to do panel by panel. P21S works best WOWO , which is wiping (buffing) off immediately panel to panel too.

Rsurfer
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Speaking of waxing by hand. Is it okay to apply the wax by hand, then remove with the edge blue finishing pad? I'm a newbie, i used my Milwaukee rotary for swirl removal and glaze application only. I applied the wax by hand and removed it by hand the first and only time i've waxed my car so far.
It's all right to apply with the blue pad, but not to remove. Use a mf to remove or a bonnet if you want to use a pc.