PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax vs Duragloss AW

bcgreen
09-21-2021, 09:12 AM
Is there any observable difference?
Does Xpress wax come any smaller than gallon size, I'd hate to buy a gallon and find I don't see any difference?

evo77
09-21-2021, 12:49 PM
How a product *looks* will always be subjective and will always differ to many people on many different paints in many different conditions.

With that being said, for my personal vehicles and in my personal experience I prefer DG AW or DG 931 (mixed in QD ratio) over any other topper. It is my absolute favorite and provides the best gloss and richness to the paint and best slickness.

Pretty sure Megs Waterless Wash n Wax found at Walmart or anywhere locally is the consumer version of Xpress spray way.

Desertnate
09-21-2021, 03:01 PM
I think Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax might be a closer match than the Wash n Wax product.

I really like Ultimate Quik Wax as a topper. Looked great on my black car and was easy to apply in almost all weather conditions. I only used it as a topper on Collinite 845, so no idea how durable it might be.

bcgreen
09-21-2021, 03:09 PM
I think Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax might be a closer match than the Wash n Wax product.

I really like Ultimate Quik Wax as a topper. Looked great on my black car and was easy to apply in almost all weather conditions. I only used it as a topper on Collinite 845, so no idea how durable it might be.

Not looking at any Wash n Wax product, that is not my question. The X-press synthetic spray wax comes in gallon size as does Duragloss AW but the Meguiars product is a bit cheaper. If the Meguiars product looks the same on paint as the Duragloss, then I will switch over to Meguiars.

The Guz
09-21-2021, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Quik wax if you want a smaller bottle of D156. Last I heard the changes made to UQW have not made it into D156.

bcgreen
09-21-2021, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Quik wax if you want a smaller bottle of D156. Last I heard the changes made to UQW have not made it into D156.

Since I have enough Duragloss to last me for a while, how will I know when the changes have been implemented for D156?

Desertnate
09-21-2021, 03:56 PM
Not looking at any Wash n Wax product, that is not my question.

That is why I said Ultimate Quik Wax is the closest OTC product to what you're looking for from Meguiars. Comes in 16oz spray bottles and can be found everywhere at very economical prices.

The Guz
09-21-2021, 04:51 PM
Since I have enough Duragloss to last me for a while, how will I know when the changes have been implemented for D156?

You will have to ask Meguiar’s that question or contact them on their forum.

Prange
09-21-2021, 05:48 PM
The older version is an excellent product. It’s also forgiving in cooler weather, no streaks.