PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Topper over Shinee Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

BobWhite
09-15-2021, 03:21 PM
Can Topper be put over Shinee wax and if so, would it make a difference?

Porsche Black paint is the subject, and the car has been through a 4 stage correction and sealed with Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 spray. Applied Shinee wax over that which has produced even more depth and shine, but question becomes will Topper add anything to it?

Klasse Act
09-15-2021, 03:46 PM
See our topic about layering, LOL[emoji5][emoji106] Shinee wax is pretty good, got a very small sample bottle years ago when TAC was just getting here!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BobWhite
09-15-2021, 03:56 PM
See our topic about layering, LOL[emoji5][emoji106] Shinee wax is pretty good, got a very small sample bottle years ago when TAC was just getting here!

Seen it, and honestly, I could care less about what the current craze is or is not. (No offense meant)

I do this because I like to and because it only takes a few minutes to add a layer of xx product to an already clean and polished car.

Specifically, if I add a layer of Topper over the Shinee wax, will it actually make a difference APPEARANCE wise?

Don’t care about water beading, water sheeting, the newest claims, etc. Just as always, more in your face shine.

Klasse Act
09-15-2021, 06:47 PM
No offense taken, what exactly are you looking to top Shinee wax with?

noorth
09-15-2021, 07:01 PM
Can Topper be put over Shinee wax and if so, would it make a difference?

Porsche Black paint is the subject, and the car has been through a 4 stage correction and sealed with Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 spray. Applied Shinee wax over that which has produced even more depth and shine, but question becomes will Topper add anything to it?

Only one way to find out. :) I don't think topper is very durable so you have nothing to lose. Personally, i find the gloss of carpro's ech20 cut 20:1 is really nice. Even tacsystems aqua waterless cut 3:1 looks great, pretty well on the same level.

PaulMys
09-15-2021, 07:05 PM
Only one way to find out. :)

Yup.......

Slap some on there and see what happens!

BobWhite
09-15-2021, 07:15 PM
No offense taken, what exactly are you looking to top Shinee wax with?

Extreme Topper (literary called Topper)

Slap some on there and see what happens!

:laughing:

Probably will. Just trying to see if anyone had done it.

Klasse Act
09-15-2021, 07:27 PM
Don't have experience with Topper but TAC has great products so I certainly trust it[emoji41]

Klasse Act
09-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Only one way to find out. :) I don't think topper is very durable so you have nothing to lose. Personally, i find the gloss of carpro's ech20 cut 20:1 is really nice. Even tacsystems aqua waterless cut 3:1 looks great, pretty well on the same level.Try Echo with 2 ounces in 4 gallons as a RW and you'll be blown away! This is how I've been using Echo, a little streaky and tricky to use as a WW IMO[emoji848]

BobWhite
09-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Don't have experience with Topper but TAC has great products so I certainly trust it[emoji41]

Sorry, I posted that wrong.

It’s Extreme Topper as in the title. Shinee wax is Tac.

Klasse Act
09-15-2021, 07:37 PM
Never heard of Extreme topper. That said, Gyeon Wax on that soft, black Porsche paint would look KILLER[emoji779]

BobWhite
09-15-2021, 08:16 PM
Never heard of Extreme topper. That said, Gyeon Wax on that soft, black Porsche paint would look KILLER[emoji779]

Have to check that out. Does a sealant have to be stripped prior to using Gyeon?

I’m WAY old school (as in done hundreds of cars with a gallon can of Orange compound, water down as needed) and all these new products today are a million times easier to use and fun to try out. Over the past few years with various sports cars, I’ve taken to 3D, Rupes, Griots mostly. Always willing to try others.

I’ve got the car very flat, very glossy and really better than it likely ever looked, but there is always the quest to make a black car, blacker.

Klasse Act
09-15-2021, 08:21 PM
Gyeon Wax is a reworking of classic Wax. It goes on easy, needs 30 minutes to cure and then remove [emoji6] Its not the cheapest Wax but it's not stupidly priced like some out there and this product probably puts THEM to shame.

Check out some YouTube reviews of it[emoji362]

noorth
09-15-2021, 08:52 PM
Try Echo with 2 ounces in 4 gallons as a RW and you'll be blown away! This is how I've been using Echo, a little streaky and tricky to use as a WW IMO[emoji848]

Ech20 is a little finicky as a WW, i actually use it primarily for a drying aid and rinseless.

DETAILROOKIE
09-15-2021, 10:17 PM
Topper is great, but can be finicky to use. I mix it with Jersey Devil. I honestly think Topper's gloss is better than Shinee wax.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk