PDA

View Full Version : polisher for 2015 Jeep Rubicon

45srbest
09-13-2021, 09:48 AM
Getting ready to buy a polisher and try my hand on my Jeep. Its a 2dr with no painted fenders or roof. Other than the doors it looks to me like I would be better off with the 3" flex than the 3401. I know the best would be both, but with the RUBICON stickers on the hood along with the curves and vents, small front and rear fenders I might be better off with the 3". Thoughts and direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

dgage
09-13-2021, 04:13 PM
The Flex PiXiE has plenty of power running a 3” pad so that should work well for your Jeep. And on speed 4, it can get down so even the door shouldn’t take too much time. But if you’re planning to do the entire Jeep in one go, you may need a 3rd battery, I’d recommend the 4ah 12v.

Paul A.
09-13-2021, 05:19 PM
You'd be perfectly fine with the 3 incher. Might take just a little longer but it's great for most of the work areas. Great for the grill on Jeeps!

45srbest
09-13-2021, 06:02 PM
Yes, I’m thinking it would be better for everywhere on the Jeep except the relatively small area of the side doors. I am thinking of the FLEX XFE 7-12 3”. I really would be doing this in my garage so no need for cordless. Would it be a concern using a polisher that small on a Jeep Wrangler hood with the curves?

PaulMys
09-13-2021, 06:13 PM
Would it be a concern using a polisher that small on a Jeep Wrangler hood with the curves?

Not at all. My wife has a Wrangler, and after doing the fenders (Sahara), I will always creep up onto the hood curves with my 3" set-up. (PC7424XP).