PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Minnesota have extra ceramic coating for 1 car door? (Half Joking)

Odrapnew
09-07-2021, 12:00 PM
My kid scratched the door on my Golf R this weekend with his bike.
I park my car as close to the outside wall as possible to prevent this, but it was inevitable....again.
Last time he rubbed up against it with his rubber hand grip and it marred the paint, but not noticeable for the most part. This time it was the metal brake handle.
It's right in the middle of the driver's door too, so I see it every time I get in the car.
I'm a bit pissed, but I'm not obsessing over it right now.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=74322&d=1631033089

I plan to hit it with compound and polish to blend it as best as I can, but unfortunately it's a finger nail catcher, so I think it's there to stay.

The car is coated with Gtechniq CSL + EXOV4 and of course I don't have any left.
I don't want to purchase more for just a door recoat and I don't have anything else to use it on, so it would likely go bad before I could use it.
The coating is still going strong and the paint is still in almost perfect condition, so I have no reason to polish/recoat the whole car.

I have Griots 3-in-1 on hand and I'm sure if I reapply it every couple months, it would be just fine.
I also have C2V3 that I've been using as a topper for the coating, which again with reapplying every few months would be fine.

It would be nice to get it 'formally' coated to get it back to the same status of the rest of the car, but maybe it's not worth it.
Anyone from MN have a couple droppers full of a coating that I could bum off you.....or toss a $10 at ya for it? :D

98CayenneTA
09-07-2021, 12:06 PM
I have some CQuartz Uk 3.0 and CQuartz SiC

I'm in White Bear

fly07sti
09-07-2021, 12:18 PM
My kid scratched the door on my Golf R this weekend with his bike.
I park my car as close to the outside wall as possible to prevent this, but it was inevitable....again.
Last time he rubbed up against it with his rubber hand grip and it marred the paint, but not noticeable for the most part. This time it was the metal brake handle.
It's right in the middle of the driver's door too, so I see it every time I get in the car.
I'm a bit pissed, but I'm not obsessing over it right now.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=74322&d=1631033089

I plan to hit it with compound and polish to blend it as best as I can, but unfortunately it's a finger nail catcher, so I think it's there to stay.

The car is coated with Gtechniq CSL + EXOV4 and of course I don't have any left.
I don't want to purchase more for just a door recoat and I don't have anything else to use it on, so it would likely go bad before I could use it.
The coating is still going strong and the paint is still in almost perfect condition, so I have no reason to polish/recoat the whole car.

I have Griots 3-in-1 on hand and I'm sure if I reapply it every couple months, it would be just fine.
I also have C2V3 that I've been using as a topper for the coating, which again with reapplying every few months would be fine.

It would be nice to get it 'formally' coated to get it back to the same status of the rest of the car, but maybe it's not worth it.
Anyone from MN have a couple droppers full of a coating that I could bum off you.....or toss a $10 at ya for it? :D

CarPro sells sample sizes if you can’t get anything nearby. Can get a 10ml for about $20

Odrapnew
09-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Well, I wasn't aware that you could get small bottles. I'll check into that.

@98CayenneTA - I'll let you know what I figure out and possibly reach out to you.