PDA

View Full Version : Planning for my new truck when I gets here

Texchappy
08-31-2021, 01:39 PM
With my oldest taking one of the cars away, we decided to get a truck. Looked at Ranger and Tacoma for a puttering around truck. Then we saw that Ford was coming out with the little Maverick. Have an order in for a Rapid red First Edition Lariat Hybrid. Unfortunately, the Rapid red is a late availability item so who knows when we値l get it. Guess that leaves me plenty of time to plan. I know I want a coating. Guess I値l see if CQUK v3 is still the best when it finally gets here.

(and yes I know to tell the dealer to not wash/detail it when it gets there)

Rsurfer
08-31-2021, 01:49 PM
With my oldest taking one of the cars away, we decided to get a truck. Looked at Ranger and Tacoma for a puttering around truck. Then we saw that Ford was coming out with the little Maverick. Have an order in for a Rapid red First Edition Lariat Hybrid. Unfortunately, the Rapid red is a late availability item so who knows when we’ll get it. Guess that leaves me plenty of time to plan. I know I want a coating. Guess I’ll see if CQUK v3 is still the best when it finally gets here.

(and yes I know to tell the dealer to not wash/detail it when it gets there)

I hope they have chips when it comes time to build your ride. Sounds like a cool color.

Texchappy
08-31-2021, 01:59 PM
I hope they have chips when it comes time to build your ride. Sounds like a cool color.

Me too! Think the fact that Ford moved the hybrid component manufacturing in house is also delaying things.

Re color: my wife has never liked orangey reds on cars and the Hot Pepper red looks pretty orange in most of the pictures we’ve seen. I probably would have gone with Area 51 blue or cactus gray but my youngest, who’ll inherit it when he goes to college in a few years, really wanted red. On the Maverick it’s only available on the First Edition so it’s pretty limited. I’m a little worried because I read they’ve canceled some Bronco orders due to unavailability of that paint. Should be cool; it’s does as a tri-coat metallic.

opie
08-31-2021, 07:27 PM
I probably would have gone with Area 51 blue or cactus gray but my youngest, who値l inherit it when he goes to college in a few years, really wanted red.

Man hope you kid knows how lucky he is, i was never given a vehicle when i was a kid. Had to earn and learn a value of a dollar lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Texchappy
08-31-2021, 07:50 PM
Man hope you kid knows how lucky he is, i was never given a vehicle when i was a kid. Had to earn and learn a value of a dollar lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hopefully so. My parents bought me cars. My wife was also so blessed. So each boy (we have two) gets a car to start their life and livelihood.