PDA

View Full Version : How to remove glue/sticky stuff left by cell phone mount on windshield

newb001
08-27-2021, 12:59 PM
Hi. I've had an iOttie Easy One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount for several years now, and about a week ago I guess it had had enough of the sun (or something), as the glue/sticky part that sticks to the windshield had 'melted' and the holder was on the floor, leaving a lot of sticky residue on the windshield. I was able to scrape off the substance of it with a credit card (I can't find my old window sticker scraper), but it left a lot of residue. Is a sticker scraper my next best bet, or is there anything else that'll get it off (some sort of chemical such as goo gone perhaps)?

Thank you.

Rsurfer
08-27-2021, 01:09 PM
Whatever you decide to use don't let it drip onto your dash.

PaulMys
08-27-2021, 05:27 PM
Use your window sticker scraper in conjunction with glass cleaner. Done. :)

glen e
08-27-2021, 05:39 PM
Goo-gone…..at the drug store….

Prange
08-27-2021, 06:50 PM
You could try 3M Adhesive Remover. The liquid, not the spray.

PaulMys
08-27-2021, 07:17 PM
You could try 3M Adhesive Remover. The liquid, not the spray.

Best adhesive remover on the market IMO. But God help you if you happen to get that on any plastic components.

With glass, just a shot of glass cleaner and a razor scraper will do.

UncleDavy
08-28-2021, 11:22 AM
Some type of solvent on a microfiber towel should work. 3M adhesive remover, Goo Gone, rubbing alcohol, are all good choices. It is important that you do not get any of that liquid on the dash or vinyl seats. It will eat right through the color of the vinyl.

newb001
09-01-2021, 12:17 PM
Great, thanks all. I'll give one/multiple of these suggestions a try (and will be very careful to cover the dash/vinyl).