PDA

View Full Version : Sio2 Soap

CleanIT
08-24-2021, 08:27 AM
Of all the Sio2 wash soaps, the Meguiar's looks most effective. They all appear to be a bit finicky to use though. Anyone have experience with the Megs or any other brand?

I think these could be great maintenance shampoos to use for added/maintaining protection.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax (autogeek.net) (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wash-wax.html)

rockford33
08-24-2021, 08:47 AM
I just used Wolfgang's SiO2 Rinseless Wash on my car this past weekend, I don't find it finicky at all. The previous weekend I did a regular bucket wash on my wife's car (using Meg's Gold Class) and followed up with TW Ice Seal and Shine (trying to finish up the bottle). Had minor streaking there. Both cars were washed in less than ideal conditions, hot, humid and later in the afternoon to minimize sun exposure ( my driveway is in full sun until at least 4 pm in the summer....)

Neil

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
08-24-2021, 09:17 AM
I've used Griots ceramic wash & coat. It doesn't have great cleaning ability so if your car is dirty, you may need to wash before using it. It also left some spotting behind which wasnt too tough to clean up. It does leave behind good protection but so does ceramic speed shine, which is easy to use. After I use it up, I'll probably just stick with the ceramic speed shine.

PA DETAILER
08-24-2021, 09:43 AM
I tried Mc Kess. Super foamy and thick. Liked it. The only one that can be used in the sun and left on the vehicle. In other words you can wash the whole vehicle, then rinse off. I picked up a bottle to try at my local Advanced Auto.

glen e
08-24-2021, 09:52 AM
My brother bought this product and we tried it last week. We threw it away. It is very finicky , the products don’t mix well by the time you get to the end of the wash most of the ceramic seems to be gone, it was just a hot mess. And involved buying a special mitt to put it on……

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wash-wax.html)

we went back to using a conventional wash product, and then using Maguires Hydro ceramic wax…spray on, hose off and dry…

PA DETAILER
08-24-2021, 10:42 AM
Griots was really good! But again, you have to wash a panel, then rinse. I just don't wash that way. It was fantastic on the wheels! That is where i used the majority of it.

opie
08-24-2021, 11:00 AM
I've used Griots ceramic wash & coat. It doesn't have great cleaning ability so if your car is dirty, you may need to wash before using it. It also left some spotting behind which wasnt too tough to clean up. It does leave behind good protection but so does ceramic speed shine, which is easy to use. After I use it up, I'll probably just stick with the ceramic speed shine.Agreed with this.

Im becoming of the mindset that i think im done with special soaps.just going use Ph neutral soap...with no special crap in it. And let the coating do its thing. I enjoy the property's of the coating...so why mask it? Other than with the maybe once or twice a year si02 silica spray after a iron remover decon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
08-24-2021, 07:42 PM
I tried Mc Kess. Super foamy and thick. Liked it. The only one that can be used in the sun and left on the vehicle. In other words you can wash the whole vehicle, then rinse off. I picked up a bottle to try at my local Advanced Auto.

If I remember correctly this is a little different than the other’s mentioned. Doesn’t leave so much protection behind as it’s a designed to clean coated cars.

Does have gloss enhancers that do leave a little something behind. Haven’t tried it but great reviews back in the day on AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
08-24-2021, 07:44 PM
Yeah not sold on the gimmick type protection out their. This and the spray and rinse products don’t do much for looks. And short term durability.

Love it on wheels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarpatch
08-25-2021, 08:51 PM
Apex Detail did a video on Dr Beasleys Ceramic Body Wash and really seemed to like it....just mentioning another brand you may want to look into

CleanIT
05-30-2022, 09:28 PM
The Sonax looks really good.

Sonax Xtreme Ceramic Active Shampoo im Test! Shampoo mit Versiegelungseffekt - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-8TPAAfz8)