PDA

View Full Version : Durability of Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax

vaca22
08-23-2021, 08:18 AM
Bought a bottle of this stuff 2 or 3 weeks ago and had a chance to apply it a few times since. The first time I did I was very surprised as I thought it immediately added gloss and it was pretty easy to use. I applied it again after another wash or two. Eventually it started sprinkling and I noticed as I was driving off that the beading was INSANE. I'll try to post a picture.

I'm not expecting this wax to last a long time, but I was wondering if anyone had a chance to do any durability testing with it. My car is outside 24/7 so I would expect it to diminish rather quickly, especially if it's hot out.

Full disclosure - I have CQUK 3.0 as a coating, if that changes things.

CleanIT
08-23-2021, 08:24 AM
Well the base CQUK coating certainly helps. Meguiar's sells their Bead Booster (also Hybrid Ceramic Detailer) that are great toppers for coatings.

I did find this:

Durability Test : Meguairs ultimate quik wax (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/121716-durability-test-meguairs-ultimate-quik-wax.html)

glen e
08-23-2021, 08:46 AM
I found about 2 months, garage kept…..

vaca22
08-23-2021, 09:07 AM
Let's see if this works...

EDIT - That's not good at all LOL! Looks like I need to get a real image hosting site membership...