PDA

View Full Version : 2018 audi a5 sportback Catalina Mythos Black Metallic

rick100
08-22-2021, 07:07 PM
guys , its been a while , I have recently sold my white bmw and purchased a 2018 a5 sportback with mythos black metallic. I m very familiar with detailing from car wash , decontamination , paint correction and ceramic coating, I have all the products at home that I have used on my white bmw and my pearl white cadillac, plus some other cars. However I never had to deal with a metallic black , and I know there is a lot of knowledge in this forum so I just want to make sure that I do not mess up the paint job . I m planning on doing a lite ceramic on this car, please let me know if there is any issues with the following

Car wash CARPRO reset
nano skin autoscrab fine grade sponge ( carpro immolube)
iron x
carpro essence with white pad and griots da polisher
carpro clear cut or 3d all in one ( dont think i ll need it , car is in very good shape)
carpro eraser
carpro ceramic lite coating

Maybe I m over thinking it , but would there be any difference on how i treat this paint to what i have done before on other cars?

Bruno Soares
08-22-2021, 07:25 PM
Iron X and rinse before clay. And Essence would be used after clear cut (where you end up needing clear cut). The rest of the plan looks good.

Rsurfer
08-22-2021, 07:33 PM
Your procedure looks good. Find the worse panel and start with Essence with a white pad and get more aggressive as needed.

rick100
08-22-2021, 07:34 PM
Iron X and rinse before clay. And Essence would be used after clear cut (where you end up needing clear cut). The rest of the plan looks good.

yes thats exactly what i always do

i was just wondering if being a metallic paint would make my polishing or any of the steps any different. I m overthinking it i know , but i alof of you guys have dealth with newer cars so i just want to get as much knowledge as possible before tackling this job

Bruno Soares
08-22-2021, 08:36 PM
yes thats exactly what i always do

i was just wondering if being a metallic paint would make my polishing or any of the steps any different. I m overthinking it i know , but i alof of you guys have dealth with newer cars so i just want to get as much knowledge as possible before tackling this job
No difference. Metallic does make it harder to see the defects but is also better at hiding them later on.