PDA

View Full Version : So who's tried the Koch Chemie polishes?

noorth
08-19-2021, 01:16 PM
I haven't seen much feedback on the Koch Chemie line since they came to America and for me Canada.

I've been looking at their medium polish F6/01. Mostly what i use are 1 step medium polishes and i already have sonax cutmax which i'm more then happy with. The medium polishes i have are 3D one, works great but a bit oily and Rupes DA fine, to dusty for me and the dispenser cap is junk. I used up a bottle of perfect finish which is nice but will get a little dusty sometimes not so fast as rupes however. I also had 2 samples of griots correcting cream, i found it too thin and runny. Not sure if it went bad or something.

Anyhow, always on the look out for my go to medium polish. :)

Rsurfer
08-19-2021, 01:32 PM
:wowwow:

Rsurfer
08-19-2021, 02:07 PM
I haven't seen much feedback on the Koch Chemie line since they came to America and for me Canada.

I've been looking at their medium polish F6/01. Mostly what i use are 1 step medium polishes and i already have sonax cutmax which i'm more then happy with. The medium polishes i have are 3D one, works great but a bit oily and Rupes DA fine, to dusty for me and the dispenser cap is junk. I used up a bottle of perfect finish which is nice but will get a little dusty sometimes not so fast as rupes however. I also had 2 samples of griots correcting cream, i found it too thin and runny. Not sure if it went bad or something.

Anyhow, always on the look out for my go to medium polish. :)
Does AG carry this product?

noorth
08-19-2021, 02:49 PM
Ohhh whoops, forgot about that.

dlc95
08-19-2021, 07:21 PM
I have, and They're currently on eBay.

They're ok. A lot of hype behind them.

They are very reminiscent of Menzerna and Jescar. They don't seem to offer me any improvement over the performance of the Menzerna and Jescar. The compound doesn't cut so hard, the medium (called fine) is nice, as is their micro polish. My issue is that I already have Menzerna and Jescar in quantity, so the Koch can go.

If you can get your hands on some, the old Rupes Quarz was really nice when paired with their yellow pads. Even with the green pads they used to make it would often remove most standard defects and finish down beautifully. I remember doing a neighbor's vehicle - one side with 3D ONE on a blue Buff and Shine foam polishing pad, and one side with Quarz and the green pads. The Quarz predictably cut more, but also finished so much nicer too.

Overall their old line of pads and polishes were superior. I enjoyed working with them more than the new products they put out - with the exception of the Uno Pure. That is a nicer posh than Diamond was - for me. The original polishes were more of a European style, and worked consistently on the varieties of paints I'd come across. The newer polishes can leave deposits of product like M105 and M205 sometimes will, which is really annoying. DA Fine doesn't seem to finish as clean as Keramik. Their original microfiber pads were nicer too. I'm glad I got to learn that old system because it was a real treat.

luckydawg
08-19-2021, 07:59 PM
I tried their heavy / corse compound
Not the LEAST bit impressed- waste of money & time for me
Will never consider using their line again