PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Houston

HTownSpyder
04-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Hi, I just bought a what I am guessing is a titanium (dark gray) Mitsubishi Spyder convertible, 04. It looks VERY nice and was kept up well, and since I'm 25 and in law school, it is by far the nicest car/object I have ever owned. I've taken up to treating it like a child. Even with gas prices the way they are, I find excuses to drive around Houston with the top down, especially with the weather being in the low 70's and a clear sky.

I spent about 4 hours the other day with about 80 bucks with of OTC stuff, washing it (stripping the wax), polishing it claying it, then rewaxing it, and of course cleaning the ragtop. I hope to learn more and get my detailing down to an art.

My first problem is, as I said, the car was used when I bought it, and even though the car looks great, the hood has some very small spots where paint is chipped, I didnt even notice them until I got to cleaning it. So I'd like to fix these. I'd say it is probably about 5 or so spots the size of a pinhead where paint is chipped.