PDA

View Full Version : Water spots on new Lexus

71TRsix
08-11-2021, 04:36 PM
While parked on a street a block off the beach, a homeowner was nice enough to activate his sprinklers in the middle of a sunny 90 deg day and just soak my car. [new 2021 Lexus Nightfall Mica-3500 miles] There was a fresh coat of Pinnacle Sovereign wax on it but did not prevent white water spots. Once I got back from vacation I wash/clay bar; Pinnacle swirl/scratch remover; Pinnacle polished and waxed. Only got about 90% off now I have very shiny spot silhouettes. How do I get this back to "factory specs" Also there is a 3M film on the nose and mirrors. Do you use the same products on these or just wash it ? Thx

Rsurfer
08-11-2021, 04:53 PM
While parked on a street a block off the beach, a homeowner was nice enough to activate his sprinklers in the middle of a sunny 90 deg day and just soak my car. [new 2021 Lexus Nightfall Mica-3500 miles] There was a fresh coat of Pinnacle Sovereign wax on it but did not prevent white water spots. Once I got back from vacation I wash/clay bar; Pinnacle swirl/scratch remover; Pinnacle polished and waxed. Only got about 90% off now I have very shiny spot silhouettes. How do I get this back to "factory specs" Also there is a 3M film on the nose and mirrors. Do you use the same products on these or just wash it ? Thx

Try a more aggressive pad and if that doesn't work, move up to a more aggressive polish.

Try washing the film first.

chilly
08-11-2021, 05:04 PM
My 2020 Lexus with Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 paint sustained some kind of etching on just the hood while being transported between Alaska and Hawaii. The entire car was encrusted in salt on the last leg of the journey but that was basically a 24 hour trip and I got it the day it arrived and washed it and washed it and washed it to get all the salt off. I didn't notice the etching until I had already signed off on the bill of lading and had no way to point a finger anyway so I sucked it up. I tried everything I had from mild AIO (3D Speed) and polish (Sonax Perfect Finish) to moderate cutting (3D One) and nothing would get the etching out. I eventually ordered some Jescar Cutting Compound and used it with Megs MF cutting pads and with one 3 way pass they were gone. I cleaned up with Sonax Perfect Finish with a RUPES yellow foam and it came out better than new.

The etching wasn't deep enough to catch a nail on and I was surprised that 3D One wouldn't handle it and I had to break out the big guns

I have a few crappy cell phone pics of the damage but I haven't figured out linking yet

As far as the PPF there is some factory film near my back lid shelf/bumper but I haven't done anything around that yet so I can't help you with that.

I am correcting the entire car one panel at a time because the dealer didn't listen to me and they "detailed" the car before delivering it

:cry::cry::cry: