PDA

View Full Version : ONR with Pressure Wash Yes or No?

Jazee
08-09-2021, 12:42 PM
I'm curious, on a moderately dirty car, no caked on mud clumps or lots of salt build up but still pretty dirty, if you plan on using ONR or McKees N914 and don't have a water shortage or freezing temps in your area, would you recommend incorporating a pressure washing step? In other words, is the pressuring washing potentially more harmful to the finish or more beneficial as it removes a degree of the dirt before using ONR?

I'm trying to device a new wash plan. I sort of lost the detailing bug in past years, don't have a hose hookup at my apartment, so was just going to the pressure wash coin up with my own mit and bucket and 1) pressure soap, 2) let foaming brush drip into bucket and use my own mit instead of brush, 3) high pressure rinse. The foam seemed mild to me, definitely my Klasse SG held up to it. But with my latest brand new car I decided I'm going back to being a more finicky washer/detailer (but at the same time trying to simplify on products - other thread.)

Was thi9nking.

1) Pre-soak entire dry car with 1:128 ONR McKee 941
2) Pre-soak wheels and tires with 1:8 941 and scrub with wheel/tire brush
3) Pressure wash water rinse setting, don't get too close to panels (let's call it 'medium' pressure)
4) Drive home and do the ONR/941 wash

DUBL0WS6
08-09-2021, 08:58 PM
In salty or dirty conditions, I'd use a power sprayer with water to knock off the crud. I wouldn't waste ONR by adding it to the power sprayer.

Coatingsarecrack
08-10-2021, 04:26 AM
Yeah PW before would be beneficial as it will loosen up an knock of more contaminatants that could get lodge in your wash media and induce scratches.

I would RW right there though to keep from water spotting. Pull it out and have a bucket with 7-12 Micro fiber towels in it and just go at it.

Not a fan of the RW the wheels using a wheel brush. I would bring a wheel bucket with soap in it and spray and use more lubricating soap.

Quick spray down with pump sprayer. Clean with brush and soap from bucket and then waterless wash at home to get what you missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk