PDA

View Full Version : Adding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
08-06-2021, 08:36 AM
First off I have to say that Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 has been one of the few products that has impressed me. Self cleaning is REAL, shine is real and the longevity is real too... So I have a clapped out daily driver ( rust, never wash it etc ) and I applied Griots ceramic 3-in-1 to it with only a fast bucket wash as prep and its still beading after about 4 months. Still beads and hasnt been washed since then.. truly impressed.

Now on to my question. I was wondering if I could add some 3-in-1 Ceramic to the Ceramic Speed Shine to just give the Speed Shine a bit more protection. I dont see it being an issue, but maybe its advised not to for some reason? I emailed Griots asking them , twice, and have not heard anything back...

thoughts?

Klasse Act
08-06-2021, 08:45 AM
3 in 1 should be the base, Ceramic Speed Shine as the booster[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bobby B.
08-06-2021, 08:48 AM

Klasse Act is correct!

MrOneEyedBoh
08-06-2021, 08:57 AM

This is what I have now, but I was wondering if I could make the Speed Shine a bit stronger with added 3-in-1

Klasse Act
08-06-2021, 09:12 AM
This is what I have now, but I was wondering if I could make the Speed Shine a bit stronger with added 3-in-1Well yeah because 3 in 1 is stronger than CSS[emoji6]

MisterSnoop
08-06-2021, 09:22 AM
The css will only last like a month so the 3in1 on top of it would only last that long

vobro
08-06-2021, 10:11 AM
So I have to ask why would you not just use the 3 in 1 exclusively? You’ve already stated it performed well and now want to add it to a product that doesn’t last as long to make it last longer. The 3 in 1 works well as a stand alone,drying aid and isn’t known to cause issues on using it often

Klasse Act
08-06-2021, 10:15 AM
So I have to ask why would you not just use the 3 in 1 exclusively? You’ve already stated it performed well and now want to add it to a product that doesn’t last as long to make it last longer. The 3 in 1 works well as a stand alone,drying aid and isn’t known to cause issues on using it oftenI've never even thought of using it as a drying aid, CSS yes but not 3 in 1.

oneheadlite
08-06-2021, 10:25 AM
This is what I have now, but I was wondering if I could make the Speed Shine a bit stronger with added 3-in-1

Do you mean mix the two liquids? I guess you could, but for how easy the 3 in 1 is to use, I'd just re-up with that. Just used it as a drying aid on the Mrs' car and it went really well, hardly used much also.

vobro
08-06-2021, 10:33 AM
I've never even thought of using it as a drying aid, CSS yes but not 3 in 1.

I take care of my parents cars, they live in the city and have no room for me storing things there so I just keep a few items there. I was using OptiSeal,Aquawax and now use the 3 n1, works great at 1 mist into a towel per panel and I’ve seen no issues with stacking it at a monthly rate and both cars are going strong at 10 months

Desertnate
08-06-2021, 10:47 AM
I've never even thought of using it as a drying aid, CSS yes but not 3 in 1.

My thoughts too. 3 in 1 is so easy to use, I'm not seeing what you would gain by mixing them. If the 3 in 1 is starting to fade, just apply more. If you're after the short term extra boost after a wash that's the whole purpose CSS was created. I might see mixing up some concoction if we were talking about a hard to use product or a QD with no protective abilities, but 3 in 1 is a super easy spray/wipe application and CSS seems to have some protection already built in.

jlindyman
08-06-2021, 12:00 PM
3-1 every 3-4 months, CSS after maintenance washes in between has worked great for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneheadlite
08-06-2021, 12:30 PM
I take care of my parents cars, they live in the city and have no room for me storing things there so I just keep a few items there. I was using OptiSeal,Aquawax and now use the 3 n1, works great at 1 mist into a towel per panel and I’ve seen no issues with stacking it at a monthly rate and both cars are going strong at 10 months

This was what I found as well. :dblthumb2:

Coatingsarecrack
08-06-2021, 11:44 PM
I find 3-1 a tad grabby to remove and just recently used as a drying aid. Worked great.

I see no problem mixing a little 3-1 with CSS. Exactly what were doing when we mix up a batch of Merlins elixir.

Add 3-4oz 3-1 to CSS and try it as a drying aid. Report back with results.

MrOneEyedBoh
08-07-2021, 05:26 AM
I find 3-1 a tad grabby to remove and just recently used as a drying aid. Worked great.

I see no problem mixing a little 3-1 with CSS. Exactly what were doing when we mix up a batch of Merlins elixir.

Add 3-4oz 3-1 to CSS and try it as a drying aid. Report back with results.

This. I found it to be a bit grabby too and honestly Elixr had me thinking of adding 3-1 to CSS. Maybe its a bit grabby from me over applying it? Not buffing it soon enough?