PDA

View Full Version : Rain during first 2 weeks after a ceramic coating

rhase
08-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Hello all! Getting my car ceramic coated tomorrow.

Weather's gonna be very sunny and hot day of; I'm assuming once it's initially set they'll put it out in the lot in the sun to really give it a head start in curing. Next day is warm but cloudy, so no direct sun curing power. However Sunday there's a chance for rain.

If it rains on the coating, what should I do? Should I go confuse the neighbors by bringing my hairdryer out to blow the beads off once it passes? Should I quick detail? (all I have on hand is McGuire's ultimate quick detailer; ordered some pinnacle black label ceramic detailer too if the formulas make a difference in the choice). Should I just leave it be and take care of the watermarks after it cures?

Am I just overthinking all of this?

Help appreciated for someone new to ceramic coatings :)

Desertnate
08-05-2021, 12:15 PM
Am I just overthinking all of this?

Yes! :D

Seriously though, most coating manufactures say it only needs to stay dry for 12~24 hours. After that it can be rained on. ALSO, the coatings I've used also suggest not touching it with any chemical for 7 days. It can get wet, but don't wash it or put anything on it. Just apply the coating and leave it alone for a week.

I've sure I've had a car get wet a day or so after a coating application, but I don't remember any problems. I always leave any newly coated car in the garage for at least 12 hours before taking them outside and exposing it to the elements.

rhase
08-05-2021, 12:43 PM
Thanks! I'll somehow resist the urge to detail or wash for two weeks as dust and pollen piles up haha. I appreciate the response!

Paul A.
08-05-2021, 01:56 PM
Nope, no extra care needed. Just enjoy the beads, my friend.

Bobby B.
08-06-2021, 09:17 AM
Most coatings need 12-24 hours to cure. Once the coating cures the vehicle can get wet, just don't wash it or use any chemicals on the surface for 5-7 days.

PaulMys
08-06-2021, 05:29 PM
Yes! :D

Seriously though, most coating manufactures say it only needs to stay dry for 12~24 hours. After that it can be rained on. ALSO, the coatings I've used also suggest not touching it with any chemical for 7 days. It can get wet, but don't wash it or put anything on it. Just apply the coating and leave it alone for a week.

I've sure I've had a car get wet a day or so after a coating application, but I don't remember any problems. I always leave any newly coated car in the garage for at least 12 hours before taking them outside and exposing it to the elements.

Most coatings need 12-24 hours to cure. Once the coating cures the vehicle can get wet, just don't wash it or use any chemicals on the surface for 5-7 days.

I think Nate covered this........ :laughing::laughing: