PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna - 4 step - Which product should I choose?

locarno
08-01-2021, 07:14 AM
Hello
Can someone explain to me which will be the best product to protect the paint after polishing? Menzerna have 4 of them
1.Power Lock Ultimate Protection
2.Liquid Carnauba Protection
3.Sealing Wax Protection
4.Power Protect Ultra 2in1

It is really confusing. Which one will be the best?

wing commander
08-01-2021, 10:15 PM
Power Lock is very good and of the four it is the right one.

Paul A.
08-02-2021, 07:35 AM
Absolutely agree with Power Lock.

Skier404
08-02-2021, 08:14 AM
I like Power Lock as well. I do find it a little hard to clean the product out of the pads if they sit too long.

mwoolfso
08-02-2021, 04:30 PM
There is no "best" until your opinion weighs-in.

Assuming you have none of those products yet... some descriptions below...

1.Power Lock Ultimate Protection is a sealant (glass-like, high-gloss finish, highly reflective, less depth compared to a wax or hybrid wax)
- cure time is something like 12-hours where you cannot get the car wet so that the product has a chance to cross-link
2.Liquid Carnauba Protection (liquid carnauba wax, most likely a hybrid wax that has minimal sealant with some carnauba properties)
- cure time is probably nil
3.Sealing Wax Protection (definitely a cleaner/wax with very light polish and leaves a wax layer)
- cure time is minimal, probably nil
4.Power Protect Ultra 2in1 (this is a polish/sealant combination - typically called an AIO)
- cure time is minimal

Yes, it is confusing but the learning curve is not very long unless you plan on buying all of these products and test them out.

If you want to polish and/or clean the surface of embedded contaminants, then #3 and #4 are your ticket.

If you want a wax or sealant with no cleaning or polishing ability, then #1 and #2 are your ticket.

Of course you can combine the products into steps... so something like #4 and then #1 are compatible; and #3 followed by #2 are compatible. A third option is that you can add #2 on top of #1, #3 or #4 since a wax can sit on top of a sealant. Each option will have subtle differences. When I started 10 years ago it took about 18 mos. of trying different products for me to see the subtle variations. The key is, I was lookin for the differences; most wouldn't notice or care so YMMV.