PDA

View Full Version : Best coating for looks and marring resistance

Coatingsarecrack
08-01-2021, 04:31 AM
I know marring resistance is debatable on a coating so my question is which one is most visual appealing.

The car is a garage queen so it should see little to no rain so water behavior is a moot point and it will be cleaned whenever i take here out so even self cleaning not as important.

I like the look of a coating and the durability. I know wax may look better but not looking to go that or sealant/sio2 spray route.

Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyt66
08-01-2021, 04:56 AM
I have only used Dp once and Csl+Exo a handful of times. I will say I like the look of Csl as a stand alone. However, since I am going for durability I go with Exo combo.

FUNX650
08-01-2021, 05:16 AM
•Just curious:
-What happened to the Coatings that
you previously decided upon to use
on the GQ and another vehicle; or ones
previously used and highly recommend?

Decided on NV Nova Evo for coating
on my summit white. Kamikaze was
a close second…

Will probably use Kamikaze
or CSL on my Chevelle.

Lastly CQUK3 is an amazing coating.
Used it on my last car and highly recommend.

:confused:

Bob

Coatingsarecrack
08-01-2021, 12:05 PM
•Just curious:
-What happened to the Coatings that
you previously decided upon to use
on the GQ and another vehicle; or ones
previously used and highly recommend?

:confused:

Bob

It was on my mustang which got totaled. I would have no qualms using again as i can’t see expecting better results.

I chose the Nova coating due to it only needing one layer. Plus still have the itch to try new things.

Edit: Nova is for my daily driver. Just rethinking that on the chevelle, won’t see much environment but sunny days so not looking for the traditional benefits of a Coating

98CayenneTA
08-01-2021, 12:10 PM
Imo wax/sealants don't look near as good as a coating.

I would go with Kamikaze Zipang which is self healing with light marring. It's just a amazing coating.

TTQ B4U
08-01-2021, 01:05 PM
CarPro SiC. Two layers and it will look like wet ice. Super easy to use too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

fly07sti
08-01-2021, 06:34 PM
^^^Sic is nice. I just ordered some 22ple Insanity per recommendation from The Guz.
My usual go to’s are UK3.0 and Miyabi. I think Miyabi looks a little nicer but I use UK 8 out of 10 jobs.

Desertnate
08-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Lots of great recommendations. Some I've not yet tried, but really want to.

My only comment is not to focus on marring resistance. I highly doubt any coating will provide any marring resistance. However, other properties of those coatings make them much easier to wash/dry which allows you to adjust your methods in a way which makes any marring less likely.

Bobby B.
08-02-2021, 02:36 PM
I've been using the new Blackfire Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition and really enjoy working with it.

BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition (https://www.autogeek.net/bf-pro-ceramic-coating-black-edition.html)

If you're not looking for durability, but just want the look you can do what Mike Phillips likes to use on his personal vehicle. He likes to use the Blackfire One Step and top it with PBL Diamond Surface Coating.

BLACKFIRE One Step 16 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-one-step-16.html)
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating, paint coating, nano glass paint coating (https://www.autogeek.net/diamond-surface-coating.html)

Coatingsarecrack
08-02-2021, 09:50 PM
^^^Sic is nice. I just ordered some 22ple Insanity per recommendation from The Guz.
My usual go to’s are UK3.0 and Miyabi. I think Miyabi looks a little nicer but I use UK 8 out of 10 jobs.

Miyabi and insanity are in the running. Let me know what you think of insanity.