PDA

View Full Version : Don’t want to break forum rules

Markymapo
07-16-2021, 07:04 AM
Let me know if this is appropriate ( moderator please remove if inappropriate). I have sold both the M4 n CaymanS which were both non ceramic coated so have plenty of Autogeek supplies that I do not want to toss some partially used. I would like to offer (donate) to any forum members that live in my area (rather not ship). I have a house in SE (Audubon)and NE (Lake Wallenpaupack), PA.,

Klasse Act
07-16-2021, 07:13 AM
Why are you giving it away[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Markymapo
07-16-2021, 07:26 AM
All the remaining supplies are not typically used on my other 2 vehicles or boat which are ceramic coated, so no need to keep them.

MisterSnoop
07-16-2021, 07:32 AM
I'm kinda in between there. Closer to Audubon. What were you getting rid of?

Markymapo
07-16-2021, 08:01 AM
MS: I am at the Lake this weekend but will put a list together for you when back in AUDUBON next week

PaulMys
07-16-2021, 05:07 PM
No forum rules broken at all, because you are giving it away.

Nice gesture, for sure. :)

FUNX650
07-16-2021, 06:05 PM
IIRC:
The below thread was the “preferred”
place to post the giving away of any
free ‘samples’.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/7765-samples-original-post-updated.html?highlight=Trading

•Then again:
-Rules involving free samples, as it were,
could’ve changed since I last took a look. :dunno:

Bob

Markymapo
07-17-2021, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the information much appreciated

damonb10
07-17-2021, 07:17 AM
What made you decide to sell the cayman and the M4? That was a great duo for any garage!

Markymapo
07-17-2021, 05:21 PM
Yes, it was a great duo. Then Covid hit and wasn’t driving to work but 2 to 3 days a week

And finally ended up with an allocation for a Carrera S and used sport car prices went up significantly. Retiring in 18 months thus only needed one sports car, so they both pay for the one (CarreraS). It was a really hard decision especially after rotating the other for 3.5 years, what a blast. It was the best of both worlds.

damonb10
07-17-2021, 08:47 PM
Yes, it was a great duo. Then Covid hit and wasn’t driving to work but 2 to 3 days a week

And finally ended up with an allocation for a Carrera S and used sport car prices went up significantly. Retiring in 18 months thus only needed one sports car, so they both pay for the one (CarreraS). It was a really hard decision especially after rotating the other for 3.5 years, what a blast. It was the best of both worlds.

Well, a Carrera S will be a nice replacement for your sports car needs!

I know what you mean by the used prices on sports cars. I've had my eye on Caymans for about a year now and have seen the increase. I've been waiting because I want a bigger garage first and we have been looking for a new house for about a year now as well. Once the new house with a bigger garage domino falls, then I can find what I want in a sports car.