PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank Sonax BSD these days?

CleanIT
07-15-2021, 09:13 AM
The market is saturated with products as we all know. Sonax BSD has a very favorable reputation. It appears it is more of a sealant than QD. How would you place this product among the rest in today's market? Could you use this as a stand alone?

fly07sti
07-15-2021, 09:20 AM
It’s still a top tier product for me. Been using it for years and it has always been a solid product!

Klasse Act
07-15-2021, 09:58 AM
It really is MUCH MORE than a QD[emoji931]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
07-15-2021, 10:08 AM
It has not lost it's place in the market.

After wiping door jambs clean after washing I car, I spritz a little of this to all the painted areas and give a quick wipe. Makes the paint shiny and makes future cleaning and drying faster. And it only takes a few minutes.

:dblthumb2:

Icarus
07-15-2021, 11:18 AM
Are you guys diluting/mixing it with anything? I'm still trying different things with it...

The Guz
07-15-2021, 11:21 AM
It works great. And paired well with their CC36 coating. Now if you like slickness then this product is not going to be for you.

Klasse Act
07-15-2021, 11:23 AM
Are you guys diluting/mixing it with anything? I'm still trying different things with it...I actually mixed it with Beadmaker and thought it was pretty good myself.

CleanIT
07-15-2021, 11:41 AM
It works great. And paired well with their CC36 coating. Now if you like slickness then this product is not going to be for you.

I don't care about slickness. If it's hydrophobic, beads/sheets well, and lasts reasonably long, I'm good.

Desertnate
07-15-2021, 02:15 PM
It really is MUCH MORE than a QD[emoji931]

Agree. I've only used it once, but I thought it was much more substantial than any QD and I couldn't imagine using it in that role.

I think I'd put it in the same category as Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax. Both are great sealant boosters you can use on a car with a sealant after a good wash.

CleanIT
07-15-2021, 02:31 PM
Agree. I've only used it once, but I thought it was much more substantial than any QD and I couldn't imagine using it in that role.

I think I'd put it in the same category as Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax. Both are great sealant boosters you can use on a car with a sealant after a good wash.

I probably should put a sealant on my truck. So far I've just used Griot's 3 in 1 and currently Wet Coat. Love the ease of use of WC. I have WC on with nothing else. By winter though I'll put something more durable on.

Is Megs UQW on the same level as Sonax BSD? I was thinking of using BSD by itself being it is pretty durable and just use it as a drying aide.

Desertnate
07-15-2021, 02:50 PM
Griots should hold up nicely as an LSP if you are looking for something really easy, yet durable. I'm playing around with it on my wife's car to see how it holds up. I've not really used any products like Wet Seal other than the DP version and it didn't impress me much.

I really liked Megs UQW when paired with 845 on a black car. It looked amazing! BSD also looked great in the situation I used it. Both were very easy to apply. I never intended to use either as the only source of protection, so I can't comment on the durability of either.

From what I've seen, BSD is much more hydrophobic than UQW. UQW would sheet pretty well when freshly applied, but never really behaved much different from the 845, which was similar to a wax with it's huge, fat water beads.

CleanIT
07-15-2021, 03:19 PM
Thanks, good to know. Griot's 3 in 1 is really durable and holds up well. I've used it before. It's probably one of the top 3 OTC sprays you can buy IMO. Very easy to use too. Our winters aren't that bad here, so I shouldn't really be too concerned about durability. I can wash in the winter too if need be. That's why I ended up with Wet Coat. Extremely easy and saves a bit of time.

So many options....;)

SNP209
07-15-2021, 04:12 PM
I mix it 50/50 with meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer for some added slickness and the beading is pretty darn good.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210715/696b409c555ee32713937fd7aa6802ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
07-15-2021, 05:12 PM
Apex used it 3:1 as a rinseless wash. Impressive. Stand alone, QD, Rinseless wash.

I noticed they also now have a ceramic spray wax. Haven't seen many reviews of it. Tough to beat the PNS/BSD as is.