PDA

View Full Version : son-of-a-&@#$@# - BMW wheels

AdrianStewart
04-14-2008, 09:25 AM
UGH - I spent about an hour scrubbing ONE WHEEL, these things will never be perfect!

Wheel cleaner from any brand (I used 2 different ones), agitated with tire brush *(they laughed at that)*, agitated again with an aggressive sponge thing ... has sponge on one side and hard cleaner pad on the other which worked very well - just too much elbow grease used. AND finally, an old clay bar - took up a ton of the yellow color from the brake dust ... still have the imbedded dust particles ...

hopefully, I can get a full detail in today & tomorrow after work with pics.

SO, can I use an SOS pad on these wheels? is that too harsh?

MadOzodi
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
OIY, have you tried Amazing Roll Off? I'd think twice about using an SOS pad.

Old Pirate
04-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I have a question...what wheel cleaner are you using and don't use a sos pad, you might regret it.

_M_
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
pics??

i just ordered a big bottle of P21S gel to try on the truck wheels. i will report back as soon as AG ships it out to me

ScottB
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I have seen several OEM clearcoated wheels that looked ready for junkyard repaired with Poorboys Spray/Rinse. Follow directions completely including wetting the wheels prior, and DONT use on uncoated wheels.

Jerry Pease
04-14-2008, 05:40 PM
speaking of wheels I have some enkei 20" on my Tundra. I am assuming they are coated. I noticed there is some oxidation behind the coat like white cracks/lightning. Is there anywhere to stop that? or can it be fixed?

Smokin
04-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Try Amazing roll off it works.

TOGWT
04-15-2008, 03:13 AM
SO, can I use an SOS pad on these wheels? is that too harsh?

As has been eluded to don't use SOS pads, they will scratch the surface

Wheel surface Cleaning -
It is important to keep wheel surfaces clean, as well as improving the overall look of the vehicle leaving them dirty can have many adverse effects; the black powder coating on the surface of your wheel has four components; a static friction charge (caused by the pads contact with the rotors) that attracts dirt, road tar and other contaminants kicked up by both your vehicle and others. Friction heats the pads and callipers to extremely high temperatures, and causes tiny particles of hot metal to wear off and sent flying in different directions.
Wheel surface Cleaning -

AdrianStewart
04-17-2008, 05:23 AM
ELBOW GREASE (squirt of windex on the aggressive sponge side)

phew - about 30 minutes per wheel ... they'll get coated with a cleaner wax tonight

Lasthope05
04-17-2008, 05:32 AM
For BMW's and Infinities that have that crazy brake dust issue I have always used Meg's wheel brightener. Its some pretty strong stuff. Just spray lightly agitate and rinse. Nothing that I've ever encountered was a match for Meg's wheel brightener.