PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy or is this for real?

UNCLE DAN
07-10-2021, 02:20 AM
So after doing my dad's Audi already where the previous owner took it to a gas station car wash once a month for 10 years he asked me if I could do his Honda CRV. I told him yeah and took a look around at the CRV. It wasn't horrible but it was by no means good. Like I wouldn't take it to the bar but I might go home with it from the bar. I noticed though a general dullness to the black paint but it's a 2016 so it couldn't oxidized that fast. Now I'm really looking at it I start noticing this kind of hazy whiteness all throughout the crv and I didn't think too much of it because it looked intentional like you could see like white marks and the Lines are Going vertical and horizontal. So I stripped washed it twice but it was still there. I hit it with panel prep still nothing. So I figured it'll just come out in the wash after I buff it. That's when things got weird. The clear coat this is supposed to have and the clear coat it does have are two entirely different things. I did 5 test spot combinations and nothing remotely worked. Finally I just went with Megs 105 on griots garage red and white microfiber pads and I had to hit each section of the hood like five times doing six passes each time before any progress happened. This vehicle is not supposed to have clear coat that can stop the Hulk from smashing it. I've been doing nothing but fighting with it for days. But after the hood was finally done I inspected it and that white foggy Haze stuff was all still there. I got through the doors on the driver side this evening and there was no reduction in that hazing on the doors, in fact it actually screwed me up because it presented in a circle pattern and I thought it was scratches still, so I did 1 more pass on the edge and took some paint off. But I've never seen anything like this it looks like it's on the other side of this obnoxiously hard clear coat. I was able to kind of snap pictures of it cuz it's it's kinda see through but kind of not. Has any of you come across anything like this cuz I I have absolutely no idea 738747387573876https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/gEgGUGv0I1ud73874

Coatingsarecrack
07-10-2021, 02:42 AM
That’s one long paragraph. Hurt my eyes to try and read it.

You should break it up in smaller paragraphs so it’s easier to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2black1s
07-10-2021, 09:00 AM
That’s one long paragraph. Hurt my eyes to try and read it.

You should break it up in smaller paragraphs so it’s easier to read.

Ditto.

And I have no idea what the problem is... Sounds like a problem that I'd need to see in person to have any clue.

UNCLE DAN
07-10-2021, 10:08 AM
I understand, reading is hard when there is a lot of words. Thanks anyway. I don't know why I'm trying to figure this out. I can't fix it cause anything that would have fixed it, didn't

Billy Baldone
07-10-2021, 10:37 AM
was it ever repainted? are you measuring the paint?

UNCLE DAN
07-10-2021, 11:01 AM
No never repainted, and unfortunately my thickness gauge is with the other half of my equipment and supplies 9 hours away

FUNX650
07-10-2021, 11:25 AM
Has any of you come across anything
like this cuz I I have absolutely no idea…

•It does appear that you, for nothing if
not the belief—hope even—that, at any
moment during this paint correction task,
the unexpected could happen.

-Yet, as it stands, this paint correction has
only provided its share of head-scratching.

•As such:
-I have never come across anything like
you have described in your OP.

Bob

DUBL0WS6
07-10-2021, 01:16 PM
Those marks almost look like it was wetsanded. Did he buy it new or used? Was it wrecked?

Rsurfer
07-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Are you getting paint color on your polishing pad? BTW what polisher and pads are you using?