PDA

View Full Version : I think Groits doesn't like me tonight

UNCLE DAN
07-09-2021, 10:58 PM
Hi, I'm Uncle Dan, I'm new but don't worry, I do not age well on people. So I'm in the middle of this nightmare correction on this CRV (story and tip requests will be on their way) So I got groits red/white thin microfiber pad on my long-throw, using Megs 105. The 2 of them already met, hung out and the pad had more than enough 105 to pregame with. I'm on my 3rd pass, speed 4 1/5, no signs of dusting. Outta no where the pad goes flying (I reacted fast enough to keep a Padless DA from touching the car) but I look at the pad and it literally smoking from under the backing and smoke coming out of the middle cooling hole (fitting). I bought this pad 1/2 hour before this happened so it's not that the pad wore out. This happened to anyone else or does anyone see an error in my method I'm all eyes

DUBL0WS6
07-09-2021, 11:06 PM
Long throw machines can overheat a pad quickly. Swap them around and allow them to cool.

UNCLE DAN
07-09-2021, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, totally. This stood out a bit to me cause literally I just took it out of the box. That was the first time it touched paint in its short life, and could only handle 3 section passes. I gotta say pad failure. I don't see any other possibility

SNP209
07-10-2021, 12:11 AM
Contact griots and inform them about this situation, they should do you right.

Klasse Act
07-10-2021, 05:42 AM
Contact griots and inform them about this situation, they should do you right.Exactly[emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DUBL0WS6
07-10-2021, 01:19 PM
I have a couple of the Griots Black MF finishing pads. At some point they redid the red foam interface. The newer ones are stiffer. I collapsed the center on an older softer pad from heat.