PDA

View Full Version : IGL Premier as a stand alone

Pages : [1] 2

CleanIT
07-09-2021, 07:31 AM
How is Premier holding up for those using it as a stand alone? A bit pricey, but from what I've read it performs quite well.

I currently have the lazy man's Wet Coat on both our cars. Will likely move to Can Coat before winter for durability, but quite happy with the easy of use via Wet Coat.

Premier seems to be extremely easy to apply, has great hydrophobics and lasts a good 6 months under certain conditions.

bfielder32087
07-09-2021, 07:42 AM
How is Premier holding up for those using it as a stand alone? A bit pricey, but from what I've read it performs quite well.

I currently have the lazy man's Wet Coat on both our cars. Will likely move to Can Coat before winter for durability, but quite happy with the easy of use via Wet Coat.

Premier seems to be extremely easy to apply, has great hydrophobics and lasts a good 6 months under certain conditions.Right off the bat it's way too expensive, kind of silly honestly.

But with that out of the way it is very good. It's what is currently in my car and I've used it as a standalone when I have used it. The 6 months durability claims are legit and I definitely get 5-7 months out of it on my car which is a daily driver, however it is garaged.

I live in Michigan and I've used it in the winter and it had no problem getting me through the winter. It's very easy to use, little goes a long way,good durability, good gloss. Of the products I've used it's the only spray sealant that (at least in the first 2 months or so) the water behavior does a good job mimicking a true ceramic coating.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

supercharged75
07-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Premiere is good for 4 to 6 months in most cases. I've seen it last as long as 8 to 9 months with a small amount of protection left. Be sure you use a panel wipe before application for best results and make sure the panels are cool.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
07-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Good to know, thanks guys. :xyxthumbs:

Klasse Act
07-09-2021, 09:38 AM
Right off the bat it's way too expensive, kind of silly honestly.

But with that out of the way it is very good. It's what is currently in my car and I've used it as a standalone when I have used it. The 6 months durability claims are legit and I definitely get 5-7 months out of it on my car which is a daily driver, however it is garaged.

I live in Michigan and I've used it in the winter and it had no problem getting me through the winter. It's very easy to use, little goes a long way,good durability, good gloss. Of the products I've used it's the only spray sealant that (at least in the first 2 months or so) the water behavior does a good job mimicking a true ceramic coating.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)The only reason I have it is because years ago there was a 25% and free shipping and I was using 6 months same as cash on my PayPal during Christmas shopping.

That said it's a very nice product with ease of use, shine and durability.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
07-10-2021, 04:28 AM

Premier seems to be extremely easy to apply, has great hydrophobics and lasts a good 6 months under certain conditions.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210710/2141dae254af40de80beb662e99e891d.jpg

Reason I haven’t bought it. Wouldn’t use it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
07-10-2021, 05:37 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210710/2141dae254af40de80beb662e99e891d.jpg

Reason I haven’t bought it. Wouldn’t use it up.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMine is much older[emoji33] I guess I'll use it on my wheels to see what happens [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
07-10-2021, 07:37 AM
I'd buy the small bottle and make sure i use most of it knowing the expiration date. If it can be layered, I'd double up or use it as a drying aid. Either way I'd make sure I try and use it.

Thing is, Can Coat is a better option in this price range IMO. And easy to use.

joshhas99problems
08-04-2021, 07:27 AM
I install IGL Coatings and have started also using many of their other products in my business. I have yet to find one that isnt remarkable! I love their pads, compound and polish, etc etc etc etc I have never used just premier as a standalone but I will say that IGL makes top notch products that are well worth the money. I am turning into a total fan boy, but I swear I'm not easily impressed haha Price is no object for me when it comes to choosing what I use in my business. I only use premium products as a result I charge a premium price. I would never put anything on a customer's car unless I truly believe it is top notch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
08-04-2021, 08:54 AM
I install IGL Coatings and have started also using many of their other products in my business. I have yet to find one that isnt remarkable! I love their pads, compound and polish, etc etc etc etc I have never used just premier as a standalone but I will say that IGL makes top notch products that are well worth the money. I am turning into a total fan boy, but I swear I'm not easily impressed haha Price is no object for me when it comes to choosing what I use in my business. I only use premium products as a result I charge a premium price. I would never put anything on a customer's car unless I truly believe it is top notch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was going to try Premier but ended up with Megs HCD (basically bead booster diluted 3:1).

Desertnate
08-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Right off the bat it's way too expensive, kind of silly honestly.

Would you put it in the same class as CanCoat and Cquartz Lite? If so, it's actually substantially cheaper per oz. than both of those.

I easily got 12 months from CanCoat and I've heard Lite is similar despite claims of shorter life from both manufacturers.

bfielder32087
08-04-2021, 02:33 PM
Would you put it in the same class as CanCoat and Cquartz Lite? If so, it's actually substantially cheaper per oz. than both of those.

I easily got 12 months from CanCoat and I've heard Lite is similar despite claims of shorter life from both manufacturers.Somebody else will have to chime in on that as I've never used CanCoat or Lite.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Loach
08-04-2021, 02:36 PM

I easily got 12 months from CanCoat and I've heard Lite is similar despite claims of shorter life from both manufacturers.

I would say no, I would put it in the same class as some of the other spray style products like Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating, and Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. CanCoat and CQuartz Lite definitely deserve that separate class of light/baby coatings, they still blow away any spray and wipe protectant I've used by a long shot, but are certainly outclassed by full coatings like CQUK 3.0 without maintenance.

IGL Premier was outclassed by Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating in my side by side test, both of these were the first versions. Eventually I would like to take another shot with Premier as I have seen better results from others that have tested it. The beading and sheeting is nuts when it's fresh.

acuRAS82
08-05-2021, 08:23 AM
I'd buy the small bottle and make sure i use most of it knowing the expiration date. If it can be layered, I'd double up or use it as a drying aid. Either way I'd make sure I try and use it.

Thing is, Can Coat is a better option in this price range IMO. And easy to use.

CanCoat and Premier are in two totally different levels as far as ease of use. IGL is as easy as a traditional spray sealant like Megs UQW or Aquawax.

Cancoat is easy ‘for a coating’ but you have to follow the process in small areas at a time and buff thoroughly or you’re going to have a legit high spot to polish out.

CleanIT
08-05-2021, 09:11 AM
If I wasn't so impressed with Megs HCD I'd likely try the IGL Premier. IGL has some intriguing products. I have to slow it down a bit and stick with what I have for the time being.