PDA

View Full Version : Leather Help, QUICK. Only have 2 days...

Pages : [1] 2

72Malibu
07-07-2021, 08:05 AM
Church van broke down, so now have to use Acura MDX to haul kids to church camp and back (5hrs each way). I do keep leather interior kept up with Leatherique.

Anything I should use on seats for this (hopefully) one trip event?

If Leatherique treatment is enough, great. If not, what can I top seats with for a little extra protection? Meguairs leather? Chemical Guys leather? Something else?

I am limited to what I can get locally from big box stores as leaving in 2 days.

Thank you so much!!

supercharged75
07-07-2021, 08:12 AM
Put plastic down and blankets over the seat bottoms if you think it could get that messy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
07-07-2021, 08:20 AM
Plastic drop cloths used for painting [you can find them at the dollar store] and then cover them with white cotton bed sheets.

That’s just a guess though, I’ve never actually done it, so use your best judgment before taking my word for it.

dennis b
07-07-2021, 09:23 AM
Enforce the no food or drinks in the car rule. Stop at a rest stop and eat and drink at the picnic tables. Done. The car is not a Chuck-E-Cheese.

57Rambler
07-07-2021, 09:30 AM
Enforce the no food or drinks in the car rule. Stop at a rest stop and eat and drink at the picnic tables. Done. The car is not a Chuck-E-Cheese.

The old "Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" works every time.

I'd also echo the suggestion to cover the seats with some sheets/blankets, but I'd skip putting the plastic down ... that would just let the blanket/sheet slip and slide all over the place. Moving blankets would probably offer the best protection along these lines. HD, Lowes, UHAUL, etc. carry them.

Eldorado2k
07-07-2021, 09:38 AM
Moving blankets? I wouldn’t put moving blankets on my good leather seats.

Just imagine if he’s got Fine Corrinthian Leather. Moving blankets shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near such rare hide. Lol.

opie
07-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Moving blankets? I wouldn’t put moving blankets on my good leather seats.

Just imagine if he’s got Fine Corrinthian Leather. Moving blankets shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near such rare hide. Lol.

Neither should kids:laughing:

DUBL0WS6
07-07-2021, 02:18 PM
Get some tarps from Harbor Freight

Prange
07-07-2021, 03:32 PM
A car rental might be in order.

72Malibu
07-07-2021, 07:27 PM
Thanks all.

Beach towels are already on the list. The kids are 8-14, and only 4 in that range, plus 2 late teens, and the Queen doing the driving. Already threatened the kids with shaving their heads if they mess up the car. I’m not concerned with them making a mess, but for the accidental spill. I’ve got some ‘brand x’ leather protectant. Maybe day they leave, I’ll just give the seats a quick wipedown with it for a temp added layer of protection and just plan on doing a full Leatherique cleaning when back home to remove brand x and whatever else.

Thanks again for those that answered

Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN
07-07-2021, 08:50 PM
TAKE ALL OF THEIR PENS AND MARKERS AWAY

Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN
07-07-2021, 08:52 PM
In the future the Pinnacle Black Label Leather and vinyl coating may be of assistance to you.

Texchappy
07-07-2021, 09:02 PM
TAKE ALL OF THEIR PENS AND MARKERS AWAY

When my oldest was younger, he drew on the headliner with his crayons. It’s what started me on the detailing kick.

DUBL0WS6
07-07-2021, 10:26 PM
Gotta love your kids but that one must have hurt

Coatingsarecrack
07-08-2021, 03:17 AM
Get them an Uber....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk