PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using cordless pressure washers like this one?

Pages : [1] 2

Fringe
07-06-2021, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnR_2ZGNVY

Klasse Act
07-06-2021, 06:47 PM
I've had a Worx hydroshot for almost 3 years and as long as your expectations are kept within the tools limits you'll be very happy with it [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

oneheadlite
07-07-2021, 11:50 AM
I wanted to let Klasse chime in first as I knew he's got the closest experience to what you linked. :dblthumb2:

I recently researched the topic and ended up picking up a (no longer sold) Greenworks unit. I went that route because it has a higher pressure than a lot of options while still having similar GPM. I also already had a couple Greenworks tools so I didn't need to buy any batteries.

If you're already in the DeWalt ecosystem and like Klasse said you've got your expectations in line with how that type of unit performs, then I think that one would be a great option.

If I didn't get the one I did, I probably would have gone with SunJoe's offering that's rated at 1196 max psi (800 or 650 continuous, 2 pressure settings) and 1gpm. The high end Works Hydroshot Ulta was 725psi/1.1gpm last I looked. Good specs, but with the Works I wasn't crazy about carrying all the weight in your hand VS a bucket fed floor model though.

I've used my Greenworks a bunch. Pre-rinses in the garage to get the grit off before doing a Rinseless wash, some minor clean up around outside the house when I didn't want to hook up my normal corded pressure washer, as well as using it to clean some area rugs I brought outside (pre-rinse, spot treat, rinse, extract). Worked great!

What are you looking to use one for?

Klasse Act
07-07-2021, 12:25 PM
Worx hydroshot has an upgraded model now w/dual 40v batteries[emoji779]

Azure
07-07-2021, 01:00 PM
I have a Hydroshot I bought at least 3 years ago. I bet the 40v version is much more useful. I use mine for a DI water rinse later in the season when my DI resin starts to lose it's mojo. I buy 6 gallon DI water jugs from my local water filtration shop. The Hydroshot hose drops in and sucks it right out. I'm sure the Dewalt does this too. It would be really nice having this Dewalt setup because I have a ton of 20v Dewalt batteries lol.

oneheadlite
07-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Worx hydroshot has an upgraded model now w/dual 40v batteries[emoji779]

At first I was wondering if you meant the Hydroshot Ultra I mentioned, but looks like they have a non-Ultra rated at 450psi that's dual battery too.

Tool weight of 6.9 lbs on the dual battery Hydroshot, 9.1 lbs on the Ultra. Quick google shows the DeWalt at 9.93lbs.

One other factor that led me to go with the Greenworks - now it's no different than using a regular pressure washer weight-wise.

Klasse Act
07-07-2021, 02:21 PM
I didn't know about 2 versions. IMO just make the best version[emoji118][emoji6]

oneheadlite
07-07-2021, 02:39 PM
I didn't know about 2 versions. IMO just make the best version[emoji118][emoji6]

I suppose it's building to a price point - at HD: 450psi = $205, 725psi Ultra = $389. :eek:

glen e
07-07-2021, 02:45 PM
I bought the worx Hydroshot about 18 months ago with the big battery hoping to use it to apply Hydro SIO2 products to my wheels in my garage which is does not have a water source. After trying it a few times I relegated it to my detail closet, and I use it to clean the wheels on my scooter. It’s just too much hassle to apply Hydro products, I have to fill a big bucket and carry that around because I don’t have enough reservoir using a bottle attached to it, if you lose the prime to syou have to go through all sorts of directions again to get the prime back, it’s a veryWell-made product, but it didn’t work too well for me. However the worx battery system works great on the sawzall and leave blower tools which I use several times a month.

Klasse Act
07-07-2021, 03:12 PM
I suppose it's building to a price point - at HD: 450psi = $205, 725psi Ultra = $389. :eek:Is that the price?

oneheadlite
07-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Is that the price?

That's a quick search from Home Depot's site. $205 for the 40v Hydroshot Power Share (2x20v batteries), $389 for the Hydroshot Ultra (Uses 2x 20v batteries. Didn't look that hard to see if the battery specs were different. I'm at work and supposed to be working. :laughing: ). Worx listed the Ultra for $299 on their site, but out of stock. These prices are all for the full kit with batteries.

FWIW the SunJoe that I mentioned with 800 running psi is also a dual battery unit; with batteries Best Buy had it for $329 when I was looking - currently sold out on their site.

Klasse Act
07-07-2021, 03:43 PM
I could swear the one that I saw had dual 40 V batteries which makes it pretty heavy.

oneheadlite
07-07-2021, 04:29 PM
The unit is 40v, they just get there by having two 20v batteries.

7 and 9 lbs doesn’t sound like much, but if you’re trying to blast your whole car before starting a rinseless it seems like it would get old. Just my 2¢.

Then again, I’m the kinda guy that instead of always using a 12lb Cordless impact that will get 100% of the bolts out first try, I use a Milwaukee Fuel 3/8" with the small 2aH battery. Gets 90% of what I use it for first try, then for the other 10% I grab the 1/2" heavy hitter. Just because I can throw a bunch of weight around doesn't mean I want to. :D

(Admitted - not the most fair analogy as that's a work reference when a cordless pressure washer is much more likely to be recreational, but hopefully it helps explain where I'm coming from).

MisterSnoop
07-07-2021, 07:35 PM
With the worx, I think some of that listed weight is the motor which goes in your bucket

Klasse Act
07-07-2021, 07:38 PM
With the worx, I think some of that listed weight is the motor which goes in your bucketThat's true now that you mention it because it goes in the bucket which is cool because it keeps the draw tube down, that little clip on the original doesn't always work(x)[emoji39]

I guess when my Worx hydroshot fails and I need a new one I'll be upgrading and since I've got 2-20v batteries and 1 40v I'm good to go, although I've got the Worx vac now and those batteries work(x) there as well.