PDA

View Full Version : LC Orange Force Hybrid Pad Failure

Topsportsman916
07-05-2021, 09:55 AM
I've got a question concerning an orange LC Force Hybrid pad. I had used the pad about a week ago to clean the glass on a car. i used BF water spot remover. Combo worked great. The pad had only been used 2-3 times. Normally I would clean my pads the same or next day but we were going on vacation in the morning & I ran out of time. After we get back a week later, I went to clean the pad using a LC 4000 pad washer & my cordless Flex rotary. I got the pad saturated & started spinning it on speed 1. I was not applying a lot of pressure. After a few wet/spin cycles, I started seeing pieces of pad. When I looked at the pad, the pad was starting to disintegrate.

So did using a rotary in lieu of a DA cause this damage? I really have a hard time believing this. I normally would use my C-Beast or Finisher for this. If I have a lot of pads I will throw them in the washing machine.

Or did leaving the pad saturated with the BF Water Spot remover for a week break down the pads foam? This doesn't seem likely either unless the water spot remover has a chemical that attacks the foam over time.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm using this as a learning experience.

Mike Phillips
07-05-2021, 10:49 AM
I've got a question concerning an orange LC Force Hybrid pad. I had used the pad about a week ago to clean the glass on a car. i used BF water spot remover.

Or did leaving the pad saturated with the BF Water Spot remover for a week break down the pads foam?

What you're seeing is normal. Neither of us like it but it is normal.

Something in the formula breaks-down the foam. I have Lake Country 6.5 and 5.5 orange ThinPro foam pads that I dedicated just for topical glass polishing and they all look like the top surface has disinterested.

Recently I've been using the 7 inch RUPES Coarse Wool Polishing Pad (https://www.autogeek.net/rupes-coarse-wool-7inch-pad.html) for topical glass polishing and I don't [yet] see this pad breaking down.

No matter what pad you use, it's probably a good idea to clean it ASAP.

I seriously have no idea what in the formula could do this?

:)

Topsportsman916
07-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Mike, thanks for the quick reply. I will give the Rupes pad a try. Definitely won't let the pad sit around afterwards!! LOL!! Again thanks for sharing your knowledge. You haven't steered me wrong yet !!

Chris

Bruno Soares
07-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Glass cleaners/polish tend to do that, always wash those pads right after use. There’s something on those that “corrodes” the foam used in pads and then it starts to fall apart.