PDA

View Full Version : What topper for AvalonKing Armor Shield?

Jpetermann
07-01-2021, 12:05 PM
This will be my first ceramic coating. I am curious as to the topper that would work well with Armor Shield.
Does it need to be ceramic? I have TW Graphene Flex wax, would that be a good topper for it? Thanks!

Bruno Soares
07-01-2021, 12:10 PM
I’m not sure anyone in this forum uses that coating to speak from experience. But any topper with SiO2 should be fine.

Desertnate
07-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Agree you could probably top it with anything you want. If it is a quality coating (never heard of it before) than nothing should really effect it.

The only real question is why you are topping and what you hope to gain.

Bruno Soares
07-01-2021, 02:16 PM
If it is a quality coating (never heard of it before)

It's a brand that pays most YouTube influencers to advertise their product and provide significant discount codes. I would not use it on my car. If I'm going through the trouble to prep the car for a coating, I might as well use something from a known and established brand.

YMMV
07-01-2021, 03:41 PM
I have only heard of that brand from the automotive youtubers I follow but they are also sponsored by it. Its not a common brand used on these forums or even on some facebook groups AFAIK.

I would think any topper with si02 will work. You may want to contact them directly to confirm.

Jpetermann
07-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am a bit of a noob in detailing, so maybe this is not THE best best or high end. I did watch and read a lot about it from posts over the last few years in different places. I will see how it works and go from there.

FUNX650
07-01-2021, 07:39 PM
This will be my first ceramic coating.
I am curious as to the topper that
would work well with Armor Shield.

Does it need to be ceramic?

I have TW Graphene Flex wax,
would that be a good topper for it?

•If I was contending with this uncertainty
-I’d send an email directly to AvalonKing
asking for their recommendation(s).

By doing so, IMO, would prevent me
from possibly committing a violation
of: “The Law of Stacking”…YMMV.

Bob

Jpetermann
07-01-2021, 07:48 PM
I messaged them and they said to use an si02 topper. They recommended:
Mother CMX, Adams Ceramic Detailer or Gyeon si02

Thanks again for all the replies

FUNX650
07-01-2021, 08:16 PM
I messaged them and they said
to use an si02 topper.

They recommended:
Mother CMX, Adams Ceramic Detailer
or Gyeon si02

^^^ Eazy Peazy! :dblthumb2:

Well This Certainly Looks Like a Lot of Words - Mr. Peterman - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qu46svpJ5g)

Bob

Coatingsarecrack
07-02-2021, 12:03 AM
I messaged them and they said to use an si02 topper. They recommended:
Mother CMX, Adams Ceramic Detailer or Gyeon si02

Thanks again for all the replies

Reply back on what you think of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomkirby
07-03-2021, 08:54 AM
I have used up my two bottles and it is just a nice easy coating product. Now their asking price( high) and once they have a 'sale' price then are in alignment with many other from the AG store. I prefer the AG product lineup.