PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Best of Show Spray Wax! Really liking this product!

GKH ST
07-01-2021, 08:52 AM
After my my semi-full* detail (McKee's 37 wash, SpeedMaster Clay Towel, BOSS Correcting Cream, & PolyWax) at the send of April, I was super happy with the results. Afterall, I purchased all the new gear back in June & July of last year, and didn't touch it until this April! My ST definitely needed the TLC! Purchased the ST new in March 2017, detailed it later in 2017, including clay bar treatment using Meguiar's products - all hand application. I had once, many years ago tried out a PC orbital polisher for just a few minutes while a friend of mine detailed my 2003 MazdaSpeed. That is it! After much advice, that I received here, I felt confident enough to purchase polisher's! The Griot's G8 & G9 are just fantastic!
I had been reading about spray waxes, and decided to give one a try. Something other than a quick detailer that would add that little something extra between a full detailing. Anyway, I am quite pleased with the results! :xyxthumbs:

https://i.postimg.cc/RVtknMR6/20210615-065407.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3xkR3RF0/20210522-080416.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/B6n9S8Lz/20210428-092325.jpg

* Due to lack of time, I skipped the polish step for this detail.

Klasse Act
07-01-2021, 08:58 AM
Looks like a Griot's ad...almost!

Have you ever tried the new Ceremic Speed Shine? I remember using BOS when it came out and it's great but so many damn products keep coming out, like Ceramic Speed Shine for instance, that's hard to revisit a great one[emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GKH ST
07-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Looks like a Griot's ad...almost!

Have you ever tried the new Ceremic Speed Shine? I remember using BOS when it came out and it's great but so many damn products keep coming out, like Ceramic Speed Shine for instance, that's hard to revisit a great one[emoji56]

Lol!!! Yeah!! I use a lot of Griot's products. Actually, a few that I haven't used yet!
Ceramics, I decided to wait on until next year. Getting back into this after being away from it for so long, lots of advancements have happened!!
Of course; registering my polisher's warranty's put me on Griot's fast track to receiving the catalogs every few weeks!!!
I'll tell ya! It's great to be back in the game!! :dblthumb2:

What's really crazy is, the ST is over 4 years old now, and it has never looked better! Of course, there are a few rock chips.
It has just over 48,000 miles. But; it's like a brand new car to me! Soon; I'll be upgrading the exhaust system, possibly a shifter kit, and a few other things. First; I'm getting the windows tinted in the next few weeks.
Since I retired 2 years ago, I've been busy with other projects. Now that I've got the ST looking great, my car enthusiasm is back!

Much thanks goes out to everyone here, including Mike Phillips for the advice, and answering my questions when the search and research began last May.

Klasse Act
07-01-2021, 09:06 AM
I've been a customer of theirs since 2005 and have a digital tire gauge from them on the same battery, bought in 2007.

If you have any questions about Griot's Garage products Iike to help you out[emoji41][emoji897][emoji6]

JDGolden
07-01-2021, 09:40 AM
Beautiful finish on that red. Welcome back.

crg001
07-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Great looking ST! Race Red is by far the best color for those cars! I bought one back in late 2012 when they were first released in the USA. I've since moved on to a new car three times over, lol, but I have fond memories of the way that one drove.

https://i.imgur.com/siKn0jyl.jpg

A nice intake and exhaust really liven up the character of the car. And if you're interested in some more power out of it I highly recommend getting a Cobb Accessport tune from Randy at Tunewerks, he's been in the game since the original Focus and developed most of the tunes for Mountune. I had mine tuned from him when he was at FSWerks. Turned it into a rocketship!

If you ever feel like trying some ceramic based products, Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 wax is outstanding in terms of protection and gloss. I've used it over AIO's and sealants with good results even if it's the off-label way to use it. :cheers: