PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coating

1carguy
06-28-2021, 09:35 PM
I am finally planning to pick up my 2021 corvette convertible tomorrow. The dealer is ceramic coating it prior to delivery. Seems like I read somewhere the car should sit for a certain period of time prior to driving. Can anyone give me advice how long this waiting period should be? Thanks

98CayenneTA
06-28-2021, 09:49 PM
I am finally planning to pick up my 2021 corvette convertible tomorrow. The dealer is ceramic coating it prior to delivery. Seems like I read somewhere the car should sit for a certain period of time prior to driving. Can anyone give me advice how long this waiting period should be? Thanks

You can drive it, just avoid getting it wet for a few days.

Are you paying them to do it or are they just doing it?

vaca22
06-28-2021, 09:52 PM
Is it Simoniz Glass Coat by any chance?

...asking for a friend...

hoyt66
06-29-2021, 05:02 AM
congrats on the car!! You are 7 posts in here. If you stay here long I have a feeling you will be redoing the dealerships coating .

dieselfan1
06-29-2021, 07:00 AM
congrats on the car!! You are 7 posts in here. If you stay here long I have a feeling you will be redoing the dealerships coating .Hope they farmed it out to someone who knows what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1carguy
06-29-2021, 12:58 PM
congrats on the car!! You are 7 posts in here. If you stay here long I have a feeling you will be redoing the dealerships coating .

thanks. Sorry, Not sure what your 7 posts comment means.

Bruno Soares
06-29-2021, 02:45 PM

He means you've done some activity in the forum and might be learning about the things we do here and soon will find out that pretty much any coating a dealer installs for you, is junk. Then you'll want to re-do it. Chances the dealer is prepping the paint properly and installing a quality coating is very close to zero.

Mike Phillips
06-29-2021, 03:42 PM
I am finally planning to pick up my 2021 corvette convertible tomorrow.

Congratutions. I've drive a couple of these, I would describe them as,

Refined Horsepower and lots of it!

The dealer is ceramic coating it prior to delivery. Seems like I read somewhere the car should sit for a certain period of time prior to driving.

Can anyone give me advice how long this waiting period should be?

Thanks

We're all supposed to wait 24 hours before getting the coated car wet. As in driving in the rain or washing the car.

Almost sad to day, but... I've got an article on this topic.

Window of Time - How long to wait after applying a coating, wax or sealant before.... (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/126482-window-time-how-long-wait-after-applying-coating-wax-sealant-before.html)

:D

Desertnate
06-29-2021, 03:47 PM
Congrats on the car! With all the production problems, its a rare beast!

Hope they farmed it out to someone who knows what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That was my thought too. I really hope they are outsourcing to a real detailer and not just some guy who does their normal pre-sale/pre-delivery prep work.

hoyt66
06-29-2021, 07:14 PM

I hope I did not offend. Bruno Soares did a good job explaining what I meant. Hope to see some pics of your new ride!:xyxthumbs:

He means you've done some activity in the forum and might be learning about the things we do here and soon will find out that pretty much any coating a dealer installs for you, is junk. Then you'll want to re-do it. Chances the dealer is prepping the paint properly and installing a quality coating is very close to zero.

Thanks for the assist Bruno. This is exactly what I meant.

joshhas99problems
08-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Dealer installed coatings....ugh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk