PDA

View Full Version : Need tips on using Gtechniq glass polish via machine

Texchappy
06-28-2021, 12:28 PM
Bought some Gtechniq G1 and the glass polish (blanking on the G number) to prep for it. Any tips on using the polish by machine? Microfiber or foam pad better?

Mike Phillips
06-28-2021, 01:20 PM
Any tips on using the polish by machine?

Microfiber or foam pad better?

The most important prep is to work clean.

Be sure the windshield and any surface surrounding the glass is also clean. When I do this stuff I wash the car first really well OR I wipe the glass and window frames really well with a glass cleaner and the machine polish BEFORE washing the car. Then when I wash the car - I wash the glass polish residue off the glass and any splatter off surfaces surrounding the glass.

As for pads, I would test a foam cutting pad and see if this combo removes the water spots, road film and drizzle stains to your satisfaction. If not switch to a microfiber pad.

What type of tool are you going to use?

:)

Texchappy
06-28-2021, 01:49 PM
I have the choice of G9 with 5” plate, PC with 3” plate or my just arrived Rupes Nano. Figure to use the G9. It will be used for either a ‘17 Civic or an ‘08 MINI.

Mike Phillips
06-28-2021, 02:23 PM
I have the choice of G9 with 5” plate,

This will work fine.

Use a 5.5" foam polishing pad. Speed 2 to 4. You want just a little pad rotation to make it easy for the pad to glide over the paint.

:)

AeroCleanse
06-29-2021, 06:49 AM
Bought some Gtechniq G1 and the glass polish (blanking on the G number) to prep for it. Any tips on using the polish by machine? Microfiber or foam pad better?

Lake Country makes a glass polishing pad.