PDA

View Full Version : does the BOSS system require a long throw DA?

04lss
06-26-2021, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

I just ordered the BOSS pad and chemical kit from AG. After watching some of the videos griots did, im starting to wonder if i really need a long throw DA to use the system well. I have a normal 9mm DA. A lot of the videos by Griots mention the pads being made for the g15 or g21. Am i going to have any issues? the main reason i got this kit is because i wanted a set of compounds that could handle my diamond hard paint audi, but also manage my older soft paint GM, with my accord somewhere in the middle.

PaulMys
06-26-2021, 08:01 PM
No. The BOSS pads and products work just as well with a GG6, G9, or similar random orbit polisher.

No worries........ :)

oneheadlite
06-26-2021, 10:42 PM
Paul covered it - you can use the BOSS creams and pads with any DA. They were made to stand up to the rigors of long throw use, but work great on standard throw machines. As Mike Phillips would say, it’s great abrasive technology.

I’m sure they covered it in their videos, but you can mix and match creams to different pads as well - fast correcting on an orange correcting pad, etc. Whatever you find works best for your paint system.

Also, you mention 9mm throw, so I’m guessing you have a G9. If you have other pads, don’t think you have to run thin 5.5” pads to get the most of your machine. I’ve run into times (tight contours on the Mrs’ Q5) where my G9 was actually happier spinning a 6.5” normal Griot’s thick pad than a 5.5” BOSS pad.

dcjredline
06-27-2021, 11:42 AM
I havent used the boss pads but I love the creams on my FLEX.

Desertnate
06-28-2021, 08:08 AM
No. The BOSS pads and products work just as well with a GG6, G9, or similar random orbit polisher.

No worries........ :)

Like others have said, I agree with this.

To go one step further than Paul, I've used the creams and the pads on my G8 for tight/complex areas and they work just fine and just as good as they do on my G15 with a variety of different pads.

04lss
06-28-2021, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately I just got an email saying its on backorder, so i may not find out as soon as i wanted. :(

PaulMys
06-28-2021, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately I just got an email saying its on backorder, so i may not find out as soon as i wanted. :(

Just about everything is on backorder in the COVID-19 aftermath. :(