PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Molding Rub Marks

TBrio
06-25-2021, 12:44 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has experience in cleaning up marks on windshield molding. I'm guessing the marks happened when I had a rock chip in my windshield repaired. No one else will probably notice them but me, but they're there! They're not deep like scratches, but more like rubs where the color is slightly lighter.

I tried using ECH2O, which helped slightly but looking for something to help get these marks closer to the original black if possible.

Rsurfer
06-25-2021, 01:16 PM
Clean with APC and alcohol and apply Solution Finish and top with their new topper.

Just checked AG to see what the name of their new topper was and it was not posted. I believe in synergy, but using Car Pro's Dlux or Wolfgangs Exterior Trim Sealant will work.

Mike Phillips
06-25-2021, 02:43 PM
Can you share a picture?

:)

TBrio
06-25-2021, 07:30 PM
Can you share a picture?

I'm out of town at the moment, but will post one when I'm back in a couple days. Thanks for your help.

TBrio
06-27-2021, 05:42 PM
Can you share a picture?

Here are a couple photos! Thanks again for the help.

Rsurfer
06-28-2021, 05:26 PM
Here are a couple photos! Thanks again for the help.

Can you take a larger picture? Those pictures look like B pillars, but you said windshield.

TBrio
06-28-2021, 05:46 PM
Can you take a larger picture? Those pictures look like B pillars, but you said windshield.

I cropped the first ones to try and show the marks better. It's on the A pillar.

Here are a couple more.

Now I'm wondering if it's easier/better just to replace it?

Thanks again!