PDA

View Full Version : Edge2000 Orange/Green Pad

rda2w
04-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I ordered a Edge2k starter kit last fall and never got around to using it till this weekend. when I opened the box I noticed that the Orange/Green foam is very stiff compared to the blue/white and red pads. When I press on the O/G pad it leaves a dent that takes 10 seconds or so to pop back out. Is this normal? The pads are all still in the plastic bags.
-BA

Streetlife
04-13-2008, 09:25 AM
The orange and green pads are stiff because they are cutting pads. I have the Edge 2000 set that came with the rotary adapter. Also, check your yellow pad, it should be stiff also, mine is. The other pads in your set are not supposed to be stiff. I will admit, the green pad does fell softer than the orange pad, i found that to be a little odd.

rda2w
04-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hard from age. I just picked up an 03 Corvette that has a lot of swirl marks and I planned to start with the orange pad with Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner.

Alpenglow OSD
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I own the whole gammit of edge pads and I don't like the orange one. Seems to be the stiffest of them all, yet claimed to be middle of the road for cutting. I go straight to the green for cutting. I prefer the pad to form at least a little to undulations.