PDA

View Full Version : $750 Budget

Pages : [1] 2

carados
04-12-2008, 11:39 PM
OK so IF you had a $750 budget to spend on your personal car care products what would you get? Lets just say it is an empty garage except some buckets, sponges, and sams MF.

My Autogeek cart has a plethora of gear in it and i am thinning out a bit

cart will contain

Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun with FREE BONUS 59.99
Porter Cable 7424 & Pad Kit with CCS pads! 199.99
2 The Grit Guard 17.99
EZ Detail Brush 22.99
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay 29.99
The Forum Favorite Kit 114.99
Klasse All-In-One
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax
Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray
2 Cobra Indigo Edgeless Micofiber Polishing Cloths
1 Microfiber Applicator Pad
1 Polyfoam Applicator Pad
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer 19.99
Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection 29.99
(like the reviews of this product)
Wolfgang Leather Care Cockpit Kit 89.99
Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner
Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner
Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer
Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant
3 Microfiber Applicator Pads
2 Microfiber Detailing Towels
1 Leather & Vinyl Scrub Brush
1 Vent Brush
Wolfgang Instructional DVD
Wolfgang Handbook

Thats a total of $585

What would you add or subtract?

cars being taken care of
lexus rx
toyota truck
tahoe
(sports car coming end of year)

richy
04-13-2008, 01:32 AM
You'll get lots of input..but I suggest adding a clay bar and would substitute Duragloss products for the Wolfgang stuff. You should get at least Menzerna 106 and if budget allows (and depending on condition of paint) add SIP. My $0.02:D

The Skillmaster
04-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Get more microfiber towels. You would be surprised how easy it is to find yourself in need of extras in the middle of a job/project. And I would not even think about getting Souverän until you have the necessary prep-work products like a clay bar and a few polishes. Have fun.

mixxer
04-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Take out KLASSE SG ,add menzerna sip and 106 or the new wolfgang twins.foam gun should be added also.

ScottB
04-13-2008, 08:07 AM
I would add some MF towels (indigos, ultras, guzzlers) and I would visit the car care section as a couple kits could reduce your costs above while offering more bang for the buck. Souveran Sizzling Shine kit is one that offers Souveran, Spray, Soap, and paint cleanser for about the price of the two items you were getting alone.

Jimmie
04-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd add something to clean wheels and tires. Maybe something to dress tires also, unless the WG is good for that.

makdaddy626
04-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Some staples that I wouldn't want to be without include...

Amazing Roll Off - for wheel wheels, tires, engine compartment
Surf City Road Trip Grime Destroyer - for easy bug and tar removal
Surf City Beyond Black Tire Dressing - By far my favorite tire dressing

Also, what are you planning on using the Porter Cable for? Looks like you don't have any polishes and waxes/sealants can easily be applied by hand. If you don't want to drop the 100 bucks for Menzerna SIP and Nano, consider picking up the Wolfgang 3.0 set.

Have you considered swapping the PC for the Flex?

Mike T
04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I might be wrong, but I don't see any wash for the foam gun. Also you need to add some polishes. The surface has to be prepped before you add all those LSP's. Menzerna is a very popular brand here.
Also You should think about adding a more aggressive clay such as Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Bar, wolfgang car care,wolfgang clay lubricant,clay lube,clean water spots,remove water spots from car,compound car,clay (http://www.autogeek.net/wg9000.html), for those stubborn spots.
Add some more multipurpose towels. Maybe some stuff for TLC on your tires and wheels.
Also I would check out the Duragloss line, substitute for the Klasse products.

carados
04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Take out KLASSE SG ,add menzerna sip and 106 or the new wolfgang twins.foam gun should be added also.

Foam gun is top item...
Take out Klasses SG, would mean redo entire kit.... I'll price it out.... or take suggestions

carados
04-13-2008, 12:17 PM
I would add some MF towels (indigos, ultras, guzzlers) and I would visit the car care section as a couple kits could reduce your costs above while offering more bang for the buck. Souveran Sizzling Shine kit is one that offers Souveran, Spray, Soap, and paint cleanser for about the price of the two items you were getting alone.

Thanks for input
I have two kits involved already to save money,
but maybe im not understanding completely which 2 items would i remove to be able to get another kit?

carados
04-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Some staples that I wouldn't want to be without include...

Amazing Roll Off - for wheel wheels, tires, engine compartment
Surf City Road Trip Grime Destroyer - for easy bug and tar removal
Surf City Beyond Black Tire Dressing - By far my favorite tire dressing

Also, what are you planning on using the Porter Cable for? Looks like you don't have any polishes and waxes/sealants can easily be applied by hand. If you don't want to drop the 100 bucks for Menzerna SIP and Nano, consider picking up the Wolfgang 3.0 set.

Have you considered swapping the PC for the Flex?

Yea i have to figure out the tire and wheel product yet, but may put those in a different budget.

I added the wolfgang polis, but i do have the klasse AIO on list already too, i may have to re-think the forum favorite kit.

I like the idea of nano tech so ill compare some nano's

PC will be my first machine... only used hand before... also flex is more money and from the sound of it once i am used to the pc i may want the flex but would still havea use for both

carados
04-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I might be wrong, but I don't see any wash for the foam gun. Also you need to add some polishes. The surface has to be prepped before you add all those LSP's. Menzerna is a very popular brand here.
Also You should think about adding a more aggressive clay such as Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Bar, wolfgang car care,wolfgang clay lubricant,clay lube,clean water spots,remove water spots from car,compound car,clay (http://www.autogeek.net/wg9000.html), for those stubborn spots.
Add some more multipurpose towels. Maybe some stuff for TLC on your tires and wheels.
Also I would check out the Duragloss line, substitute for the Klasse products.

i was thinking of the DP car wash it comes with a sample, i do have a lot of megs (the big pink one from wally world)

The claybar you suggest better than the one on my list?

Poilshes i added a WG but am still not as sure as i wanna be so much stuff makes it more confusing ( i mean hell you have great products here than others elsewhere blackfire, chemical guys, zymol, etc....) I do like the nano tech idea though but hell even eagle one makes nano.

if you have other ideas you can always pm me

ScottB
04-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for input
I have two kits involved already to save money,
but maybe im not understanding completely which 2 items would i remove to be able to get another kit?

you have several products in brown/red coloring that appear singles. Several kits have the Klasse, Pinnacle, and Wolfgang offerings in kit form and add additional products for similar pricing.

Souveran Sizzling Shine Kit, pinnacle car wax kit, pinnacle wax kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsouvkit.html)
versus Souveran Paste and Crystal Mist alone. Adds the soap and paint cleanser for about extra 15.00

Klasse Kit, klasse car kit, klasse car care kit (http://www.autogeek.net/klassekit.html)
versus Klasse AIO/SG seperately, although sale now is better but kit adds towels and applicators.

Polishes --
New Wolgang 3.0 polishes are made by Menzerna and best offerings. Smaller than Menzerna and lower initial cost outlay suggest a good deal and likely why offered above.

Claybars --
I use Wolfgang and Pinnacle Ultra and had no problems with either. I use the DP Clay lube with them both.

Mike T
04-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I do not have a foam gun, so I don't know how well that Meg's wash will work with it. Personally I don't care for that wash. I think the gold class is better for a OTC.

I wouldn't say the Wolfgang clay is better, than the poly clay . I Own both. The WG clay is a little more aggressive, again for those stubborn areas. Sometimes the poly clay isn't strong enough to pull some of the contaminants out of the finish.

carados
04-13-2008, 02:27 PM
I do not have a foam gun, so I don't know how well that Meg's wash will work with it. Personally I don't care for that wash. I think the gold class is better for a OTC.

I wouldn't say the Wolfgang clay is better, than the poly clay . I Own both. The WG clay is a little more aggressive, again for those stubborn areas. Sometimes the poly clay isn't strong enough to pull some of the contaminants out of the finish.

If I went with WG would i need the poly?