PDA

View Full Version : The best waterless wash

Pages : [1] 2 3

weekend warrior
06-19-2021, 03:44 PM
Hi Mike...my wife and I are down to one car, which is garaged...looking for the best waterless wash....I been using blackfire one step and SIO2 sealant on it to let you know

glen e
06-19-2021, 04:11 PM
Do a rinseless vs a waterless….Search here on the difference, rinseless is much easier on your paint. I like car Pro Ech20. It’s also waterless, depending on how you mix it.

Texchappy
06-19-2021, 04:18 PM
Do a rinseless vs a waterless….Search here on the difference, rinseless is much easier on your paint. I like car Pro Ech20. It’s also waterless, depending on how you mix it.

I would trust a rinseless to take care of more dirt. However, if you’re only taking care of light road dirt or dust then a waterless then a waterless is fine. I just started using Ech2o and like it. It can be used as either a waterless or rinseless.

glen e
06-19-2021, 04:22 PM
We will agree to disagree. I will never trust a dry/moist microfiber that a waterless would use over a completely sopping wet microfiber in a rinseless application, no matter how much dirt or dust is on the car.

dgage
06-19-2021, 08:27 PM
I do a waterless/rinseless wash mix, essentially prespray but only do a rinseless. I personally wouldn’t do a waterless. I recently tried N-914 as a stronger, periodic rinseless and it is decent though not quite as lubricious as I’d like. My favorite waterless is Uber SiO2 Rinseless. And on my son’s vehicle that I haven’t had time to put on a ceramic coating, the Uber SiO2 gives pretty good protection shown as beading water.

FUNX650
06-19-2021, 09:07 PM
...looking for the best waterless wash....
I been using blackfire one step and SIO2
sealant on it…

For synergy’s sake…
You could stay within the BLACKFIRE line-up
by going with BLACKFIRE Waterless Wash.

:idea:
Try a sample to see if it meets
your expectations.
BLACKFIRE Waterless Wash 4 oz. Sample (https://www.autogeek.net/bf-110-s.html)

Bob

Coatingsarecrack
06-20-2021, 02:56 AM
I too am rinseless over waterless even if only lightly dusty. I haven’t seen marring with waterless but i feel the two are equal effort and I always choose more lubricity. Try both see what you like better.

Since your asking for the best waterless i would recommend Griots Spray on Car Wash. great reviews on AutoGeek and Griots site.

Griot's Garage Waterless Spray-On Car Wash, Griots Garage Waterless Wash, Car Wash Spray, Waterless Car Washing (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-waterless-wash.html)

I personally do not like Ech20 as a waterless. Leaves a great shine if you don’t mind the effort. but to much buffing unless you mix it weak. I like my wash process to be easy...... really Nice as a rinseless though.

My favorite non hose method is Ammo frothe. Feel the foam has more lubrication than a standard waterless or rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob m
06-20-2021, 07:24 AM
I usually do a Rinseless, but if the car is just dusty and no dirt baked on, sometimes I do a WW with Ultima WW. Lots of lubrication, used with proper towels and technique, I have not gotten any swirls. But no question, a RR is generally the safer way to go.

joebruin77
06-20-2021, 09:28 AM
My all-time favorite waterless wash is Meguiars D115 Express Wash and Wax. I love the way it cleans and glosses up the paint. The paint feels super slick and the scent is so pleasant it is addictive. Here is a thorough review on Autogeek from 2013:

Review & How-To: Meguiar's D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/68323-review-how-meguiars-d115-rinsefree-express-wash-wax.html)

weekend warrior
06-20-2021, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone...for your opinion's .......since I will be 80 next month, I think using waterless spray will be easier....when the car is dusty...if it has dirt on it then I will use a rinseless wash....does this make sense

FUNX650
06-20-2021, 12:04 PM
Thanks everyone...for your opinion's .......

since I will be 80 next month, I think
using waterless spray will be easier....
when the car is dusty...

if it has dirt on it then I will use
a rinseless wash...

does this make sense

IMO:
It depends.

Which one of the below 80 year old
men more closely matches your level
of physicality?

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/F5C1F57F-24B5-4438-9656-4FD9C6B01982.jpeg

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/B3F2BAF2-C103-440A-A454-F72CC50F6707.jpeg

Bob

weekend warrior
06-20-2021, 12:28 PM
I am lucky. I am in good shape that’s why I enjoy doing the car

glen e
06-20-2021, 12:42 PM
I am 70 and I’m in good shape too, although I think I’m the first picture, sometimes I feel like the second picture. A rinseless wash is much easier than a waterless wash. With a waterless wash , you spray down the panel and then you use a wet/dry/moist towel to wipe it off, and you end up buffing a little bit and you spend more time per panel and there are more arm strokes with a waterless wash than a rinseless wash. With avrinseless wash the towel is completely sopping wet and all it needs to do is glide over the surface to pick up all the dirt. you glide over to panels, retire the towel and grab another from the solution. And do two more panels. Rinseless is much much easier on my body than a waterless wash. one swipe with a waffle weave towel dries the whole thing and you’re done. If My car just has garage dust on it and a few water spots from the most recent rain, I can do the whole car in 20 minutes. Easily.

Bill D
06-20-2021, 01:16 PM
How is everyone washing the wheels especially if you want to do the barrels? I'm finding myself in excess of 20 minutes just on them alone using a traditional wash. And that's on lightly to moderately dirty wheels.

Texchappy
06-20-2021, 01:18 PM
I am 70 and I’m in good shape too, although I think I’m the first picture, sometimes I feel like the second picture. A rinseless wash is much easier than a waterless wash. With a waterless wash , you spray down the panel and then you use a wet/dry/moist towel to wipe it off, and you end up buffing a little bit and you spend more time per panel and there are more arm strokes with a waterless wash than a rinseless wash. With avrinseless wash the towel is completely sopping wet and all it needs to do is glide over the surface to pick up all the dirt. you glide over to panels, retire the towel and grab another from the solution. And do two more panels. Rinseless is much much easier on my body than a waterless wash. one swipe with a waffle weave towel dries the whole thing and you’re done. If My car just has garage dust on it and a few water spots from the most recent rain, I can do the whole car in 20 minutes. Easily.

I’ll have to be disagreeable again Glen. I find waterless easier (unless it’s one that you have to buff a lot). It’s spray and wipe, done. Rinseless is dunk, wipe down, dry. Plus you have to carry a bucket around the car; a little bottle is much lighter.

As far as using only rinseless, I was in that camp (except for garage queen) until recently. I’ve found that waterless on a coated car works better than I expected (and/or waterless tech has advanced lately).