PDA

View Full Version : Speedmaster Notorious Dry towel.

PA DETAILER
06-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Speed Master The Notorious D.R.Y. Towel - 26" x 36" (autogeek.net) (https://www.autogeek.net/speed-master-the-notorious-dry-towel-26-361.html)

Figured i would try mine this morning. Got the big one. This thing has some weight and girth! Flood rinse and grabbed my TW Wet Wax. WOW. This towel would grab water from the clouds!! Did the whole truck and did not leave a drop behind. It is a bit to move around due to it's weight and thickness. Thickest drying towel i have ever seen. BUT....

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM. When i went to wash it, it tossed around my new washer like a used beer can! Even on the Bulky setting. Guess it's weight makes for a uneven load. So is thing going to have to be hand washed?

fly07sti
06-12-2021, 01:35 PM
This happens with my large PFM’s and another brand’s I can’t mention here. I don’t wash mine until I have 4-6 to wash and do them together for a more even load.

PaulMys
06-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Looks identical to the PFM.

DUBL0WS6
06-12-2021, 11:25 PM
Here's my take. I'd rather use a smaller drying towel (or two) than a large one. The smaller ones are easier to wring out. So far, for drying, the looped towels seem to work really well.

Eldorado2k
06-13-2021, 06:50 AM
Here's my take. I'd rather use a smaller drying towel (or two) than a large one. The smaller ones are easier to wring out. So far, for drying, the looped towels seem to work really well.

@1400 GSM, I doubt this towel could be wrung out. Not to mention you probably wouldn’t need to because it’s plenty capable of drying an entire vehicle or 2 no problem.

-I have this same large towel and I’m loving it so far. I cringed just a little bit when you said you used it with TW Wet Wax as I’m keeping mine far away from any spray waxes to prevent it from being able to dry on its own.

I haven’t washed it yet, but I don’t expect it to be a problem as the machine I use isn’t a brand new model.

DUBL0WS6
06-13-2021, 10:16 AM
I don't use a drying towel with spray waxes. Those get a different towel. I prefer a suede or terry type MF towel.

PA DETAILER
11-22-2022, 12:31 PM
Finally came up with a solution to wash these bigger drying towels! BULKY setting on the washer did nothing to remedy the problem. DELICATE setting is the key. Did it this morning. No issues and washer ran fine.

01GreyStangGT
11-22-2022, 05:38 PM
I will have to try delicate also. These towels are impressive. I bought 2 when they had a BOGO deal not too long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline