PDA

View Full Version : Detailing an MX5. need help with pads order...

Damnhor2
04-12-2008, 07:18 AM
So, I am starting my very 1st detail today!!!
I am taking cwcad's (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/cwcad.html) advice from way back that he told me, to use my products in the order as follows:

SSR2.5(heavy to moderate swirl remover)
SSR1(finishing polish)
Klasse AIO(chemical cleaner)
Klasse SG(use WOWO method of application)
Poorboy's natty blue wax

My questions are:
1. I also have Poorboy’s Spray & Gloss and Pinnacle crystal mist carnauba detail spray, should I use either of them after the wax?, or not at all?
2. Should I wait 24 hours after applying the Klasse SG and before applying the wax?

3. The most important question of all, these are the pads I have:
CCS Orange 6.5 inch Light Cutting Pad
CCS White 6.5 inch Polishing Pad
CCS Gray 6.5 inch Finishing Pad

Which pad should I use with which procedure?
Which for the SSR2.5, the SSR1 and the Klasse AIO?

Thanks guys!
Lifesavers

mixxer
04-12-2008, 07:39 AM
orange for 2.5,white for 1,grey for aio wait over night to top SG with wax and yes you can do final wipe down with QD as long as its not a QD with heavy cleaners [like fk1 146]

makdaddy626
04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
orange for 2.5,white for 1,grey for aio wait over night to top SG with wax and yes you can do final wipe down with QD as long as its not a QD with cleaners [like fk1 146]
:iagree::whs::goodpost:

Also QD will come in handy after washes until it's time for the to reapply the wax and/or sealant.

Damnhor2
04-12-2008, 10:54 AM
What does QD actually do except make a nice shine?
Does it also protect?

makdaddy626
04-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Most quick detailers offer some type of protection but it's very minimul and meant only to prolong a real wax/sealant. Most QDs have some cleaning ability as well and lubricants. This makes them ideal for using while drying after a wash... amp up the shine, prolong the wax/sealant, and minimize drying induced marring. They can also be handy for cleaning up little mishaps (like bird bombs and fingerprints) when soap and water isn't practical.